PDA

View Full Version : clutch sloppy.. crappy rear breaking power...

justice720
06-13-2008, 02:10 AM
so sometimes the clutch is perfect.. then randomly it doesn't want to disengage or engage right away and I get slack on top. it's like I'm trying to pop a wheelie but.. I'm just riding normal.. [mad]

I've replaced the cable and changed the tranny fluid.. any suggestions? 'cause it's the exact same.. [confused]

also.. my rear breaks dont' have any stopping power. it's like I'm just dragging my feet on th ground.. I've replaced the pads.. but still no change.. any suggestions on that? [confused]

justice720
06-13-2008, 02:14 AM
oh, and tranny fluid was replaced less than 200 miles ago and it's already super black thick gunk..

mrdozer2you
06-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Clutch plates worn? It sounds like they're on their way out...whats the mileage? Did your rear brakes get very low before you changed them? It could be air in the line, does it feel spongy?

dans03firebolt
06-13-2008, 12:35 PM
Something is wrong with your clutch if it is making your tranny fluid black so quickly. Also the rear brakes if you changed the pads and didn't bleed the lines that is your problem bleed the lines and you will be all set.

You clutch is probably on its way out. How many miles are on the bike.

justice720
06-13-2008, 05:54 PM
brakes:
12k on the bike.. The rear brake pedal has no where to go.. it maybe moves half a cm tops.. It looks like the pedals adjustable.. how much movement should there be? So no the pedal's not spongy 'cause it doesn't go anywhere. I'll try bleeding them Sunday. basically all it does right now is turn the light on.. and it was ****ty before I replaced the pads. I thought it was just the pads.. but now I'm seeing maybe there's more of an issue. can I adjust it?

I changed out the rear brakes 'cause my shifter peg bolt backed out (left foot, pivot bolt that pins the shifter to the bike) and oil got all over the rear brake pads. I cleaned all the areas with brake cleaner after I used engine cleaner then replaced the pads. no visible residue was left I even used a cotton swap to check.

clutch:
12k on The bike and it does have a salvaged title. the damage was done to the actual tank on the left side.. most the other damage was just superficial... mirror upper stay.. it did crack the upper triple too though. I can't see any cracks in the case or anything. any thoughts as to how this could affect the clutch?

[confused]

justice720
06-13-2008, 05:58 PM
oh and the bike had super chicken strips when I got it.. So the previous owner prob didn't ride that hard. I've put 2k on it since I've gotten it.. when I first got her the clutch was fine (no slop).. now it's sloppy...

dans03firebolt
06-13-2008, 06:43 PM
I don't want to sound like a jerk but how long have you been riding bikes? With all the descriptions you are giving it is sounding like user error on the clutch and you might be slipping it too much when you ride and killing it. I have seen poor riders rip through a clutch in 2000 miles before.

If you are a seasoned rider and have been riding for a while I don't know what to say.

LeFox
06-13-2008, 08:49 PM
when you changed the tranny fluid, what did you do?

the discoloration could be from the the clutch plates slipping.

if there is still old, different oil between the plates, you can start sticking to eachother and
/or slipping

brake, is there enough fluid in the reservoir???