PDA

View Full Version : Firebolt faring change and rotor info

mezap
06-13-2008, 04:27 AM
Hey Parts guy
Got a friend who has a firebolt and he wants to put the lightning flyscreen on it. Should work, shouldn't it? Can you direct me to the parts, and offer any insights?
Also...
His rotor is pretty cooked (he stunts) and I was wondering if it can be turned, or if it can only be replaced. If it can be turned, where and what are the particulars?
Thanks

BuellPartsGuy
06-13-2008, 08:16 AM
The fairing swap can be done. It is a pretty big job as far as labor and parts, but can be done.

The rotors can be honed, but if its pretty bad, I recommend replacing it and all the hardware mounting it.

mezap
06-16-2008, 04:09 AM
Any leads on the fairing, and how much they cost?

LeFox
06-16-2008, 07:03 AM
you'll need a complete front and relocate the relais, ecm, etc.

mezap
06-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Hmmm....
Sounds like a can of worms to me. Guess I will advise him to just stunt it till he breaks the firebolt fairings off then go without them. Hes just finishing the roll cage, so I'm pretty sure hes going to balk at moving everything around now.
BTW, the guy that has put the roll cage together for him is designing it to be bolt-on for production, so if you know any stunters that ride buells, I can hook em up with him. Very strong cage, frame AND swing arm are protected.
Thanks guys

HMTRAN
11-15-2012, 10:52 AM
And now, I will attempt to bring this post back to life!!
Ok first question, for the front end swap from a Firebolt to a Lightning, can I get the parts list and possibly some prices? When relocatinng all the guts from the front, you can pretty much place it anywhere or is there anywhere in particular that works best? I assume the best idea would just be to match up with the Lightning?
And last question is for mezap. Your friend still making the cages?

wolfo68
11-15-2012, 12:36 PM
HMTRAN, Talk to me about the lightning front. I have 3 at the moment and I really don't need 3.

thrstrmech
11-15-2012, 12:44 PM
yea, this is a very old thread...anyway, I'm working on S to R front end conversion, can get you the part numbers for the S, after work[smirk] you need left and right modules, headlight and bracket, ignition, windscreen, hardware and you'll have to research the wiring of the headlight due to the Lightning having 4 wires vs. 3 on the bolt. Replace wiring harness? Someone will chime in who has done it before and give you more info than I have. dunno if you'll need the horn bracket.

thrstrmech
11-15-2012, 12:45 PM
wolfo...checked your pm's lately:D

HMTRAN
11-15-2012, 01:08 PM
wolfo68, thanks for the quick reply, I just got my insurance quote though and I won't be able to afford a firebolt anyway. So I'm sticking with purchaseing a Lightning. I will be needing a cage though if anybody knows a good deal in Los Angeles county, California