PDA

View Full Version : Buell Parts Forum User Reputation Explained

buellxb
06-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Among other things, User Reputation helps maintain quality content in the forum.

http://www.buellxb.com/images/thumbsup.png

Clicking on the above image will add to the user's reputation.

http://www.buellxb.com/images/thumbsdown.png

Clicking on the above image will subtract from the user's reputation.

There are three major rules when it comes to voting:

1) You must wait two minutes in between each vote.

2) You must rotate votes on users. You cannot vote on the same person two times in a row.

3) You must rotate votes on posts. You cannot vote on the same post two times in a row.

Please do not spam votes. All votes are tracked and registered. Do not take the voting system lightly.

Let's have fun with this. If you like a person's comments, add to their reputation. If you recognize someone is spamming the forums with poor content, subtract from their reputation (with good intentions).

LeFox
06-15-2008, 08:30 AM
is there a possiblity to see your reputation?

buellxb
06-15-2008, 04:00 PM
It is right under you post count on the right hand side of each post you make.

LeFox
06-15-2008, 07:38 PM
ok, i see it...

but if like me, you have a 6 is that 6/10 or 6/100? or does that just mean that 6 people voted for me?

buellxb
06-16-2008, 12:21 AM
The reputation is just the total number of positive votes minus the total number of negative votes. The reputation number is then added or subtracted from your post count. This can affect your user rank. The idea was to reward quality, helpful posts and help you rank or to keep people from posting worthless or offensive comments just to achieve a higher rank. I will also be monitoring overall thumbs up and thumbs down given by each member so I can tell if everyone has good intentions.

LeFox
06-16-2008, 06:46 AM
is there a possibility to remove the option to vote on yourself?

i've been testing it and ok, you can vote twice on yourself and then need to vote on someone else before you can vote on yourself again.
but maybe voting on yourself is a bit to biased? ;)

BuellPartsGuy
06-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Yeah self voting may cause some inaccuracies....