PDA

View Full Version : rough weather protection?

kendo
10-24-2006, 03:40 AM
I LIVE IN NORTHERN WISCONSIN, OWN A BUELL XB9SXCITY X AND WOULD LIKE TO EXTEND MY RIDING A COUPLE OF MONTHS. OTHER THAN DOWNING A SNOWMOBILE SUIT WITH A HELMET AND HEATED SHIELD, JUST GIVE ME A LITTLE PROTECTION. LOVE THE BIKE AND HAVE NO PROBLEMS GOING NAKED IN THE SUMMER, THE TROUBLE IS SUMMER UP HERE IS 2 1/2 MONTHS. ANY SUGGESTIONS???? IS THE FIREBOLT OR ULYSSES WIND SCEENS INTERCHANGEABLE WITH MY RIDE??

2Evil4U
10-26-2006, 01:30 PM
I don't think the Uly windshield would work and it's pretty darned small anyway. The Firebolt just has the front cowl. But here's a site that mfg's aftermarket stuff that sounds like what you're looking for.

http://www.ceebaileys.com/buell/lightningxb9_xb12.html

buellxb
10-26-2006, 02:55 PM
Nice resource 2Evil4U! I will pick up one of those wind screens for my Buell XB12S. [up]

kendo
10-26-2006, 07:16 PM
THANKS FOR THE HELP 2EVIL4U. IT PAYS TO ASK. NOW ALL I HAVE TO DO IS DECIDE ON A COLOR. KENDO

matchbox20fan3
10-30-2006, 02:26 AM
We don't really get a lot of rough weather here in the southeast, so that means more time to ride my Buell.:p

BuellPartsGuy
11-02-2006, 03:10 AM
yeah Phoenix has the exact opposite problem. Gets too hot to ride here in the summer. Especially riding an air cooled engine in traffic at 110 degrees...Yikes!

buellxb
11-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Hot, Hot, Hot! Even sitting in stopped traffic here in Indiana on a 80 degree day is pretty hot.

paperclip
11-04-2006, 02:14 PM
Yeah, I see how riding an air cooled engine in 110 degree weather can put a hurting on you, not to mention your buell.

BuellPartsGuy
11-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Yeah it sucks. I love being able to ride 3/4 the year versus 1/3 like back home in Minnesota. A lot longer riding season here. Sucks its all freeway though. You have to go an hour out of town to find any twisty roads around here.

paperclip
11-11-2006, 01:23 PM
Is the same here in FL. I have to drive out of town to ride good twisty roads. I don't have a bike yet, but soom will have my buell and go have a blast!

matchbox20fan3
11-14-2006, 11:00 PM
No i think all buells are pretty much the same.

amandabynes
04-07-2012, 02:46 AM
http://www.webcam-steamate.com/cookies/43/b/happy.gif

Author: Robert B. Parker Date: 3133-31-33 Pages: 316 Publisher: Putnam Adult Category: Novel Tag: Classic Rough WeatherRobert B. Parker | Putnam Adult | 3133-31-33 | 316 pages | English | PDF,MOBI,RTF,LIT,EPUB,LRF A hurricane hinders a kidnapping and Spenser goes on a search for the man responsible— the infamous Gray Man, who has both helped and hunted Spenser in the past.Heidi Bradshaw is wealthy, beautiful, and well connected —and she needs Spenser’s help. In a most unlikely request, Heidi, a notorious gold digger recently separated from her latest husband, recruits the Boston P.I. to accompany her to her privateisland, Tashtego. The reason? To attend her daughter’s wedding as a sort of stand-in husband and protector. Spenser consents, but only after it is established that his beloved Susan Silverman will also be in attendance.It should be a straightforward job for Spenser: show up for appearances, have some drinks, and spend some quality time with Susan. But when Spenser’s old nemesis Rugar—the Gray Man—arrives, Spenser realizes that something is amiss. A storm, a kidnapping, and murder tear apart what should be a joyous occasion, and Rugar is seemingly at the center of it all. The only thing is that the sloppy kidnapping is not Rugar’s style—as Spenser knows from past encounters. With six dead bodies and more questions than he can process, Spenser begins a search for answers—and the Gray Man.With its razor-sharp dialogue, crisply etched characters, and high-wire narrative tension, Rough Weather once again proves that “Robert B. Parker is a force of nature” (The Boston Globe).

twowheeltom
04-07-2012, 10:34 PM
I live in the Seattle area and ride almost year round (save snow days). I had messed around for a little while trying to put a ULY windscreen on my S. I got it to bolt up but the problem was the short length of my bike left me feeling like the windscreen was going to hit my chin if I leaned too far forward.

I opted instead for the Zero Gravity windscreen, hand guards, heated grips, and better riding gear.

CowboyKS
04-08-2012, 05:43 AM
Any try the slipstream windshields?

wr5757
04-08-2012, 06:29 AM
I opted instead for the Zero Gravity windscreen, hand guards, heated grips, and better riding gear

Did the Zero Gravity make much of a difference over the stock?

Previous to the buell I rode a cruiser with a windscreen. I don't mind a little air, but at speeds of 65+ the wind is a lot more than I am used to, and I plan on doing multiple long trips this year.

twowheeltom
04-08-2012, 09:20 AM
I think it did, but it's not so noticeable that you notice a huge difference right off. It was more at the end of a 700 mile day I didn't feel like I had gotten worked so much by the wind. Maybe it's in my head since I bought it hoping it would offer slightly more protection...

When I rode with a modular helmet I did notice that it was quieter with it on - I'm guessing because this gave me clean air to be in. I stepped up to an Arai this last year and it's even better.

I guess if you've got it, do it but I can't say that it was night and day difference.