PDA

View Full Version : At work

burnteyes
06-19-2008, 08:29 PM
I rode my buell to work today, the 1st time to this place. (I work constuction and work in all kinds of plants, refinerys, hospitals ect..)
So the steel mill Im working at has a bike parking area, and as I rode out I noticed a bunch of people standing in the bike area. I just thought they were probably looking at this chromed out street glide i noticed when I got there this morning. So I got out of the bus that takes the workers in and out, in a hurry to get home. As I got closer I noticed the 5 guys were all looking at my bike!!! I havent had this bike for long and I have never had that happen to me. They asked all kinds of questions about it! It was a great feeling to have all these harleys, and hondas setting around me plus an r6, but still have my bike noticed out of the bunch :D
I talked to them for about 10 mins then left. On my way home i drive past a few suzuki, yamaha, and honda dealers, one of which has aria, shoie, and nolan helmets. I go in every once in awhile to see what new helmets they got in.. The store had one I liked but they only had it in a medium..(oh well) I walked outside and a group of 3 was looking at my bike. So I talked to them about the bike again... So I got on my bike started it and one of them walked up to me telling me how great it sounds. (its stock? i dono) So i rev it a bit and out comes a guy that was working in the maintainace shop. THen he started talking to me...:( By this time I could have been home for 25 to 30 mins.
If I had any idea that the buell would attract so much attention I would have left it at the house haha. I never take it out durring rush hour and now this gives me another reason why to avoid rush hour.... but in a sorta good way:D

LeFox
06-19-2008, 08:34 PM
get used to it...you can have 100 bikes near you, people will always stop at the buell ;)

midlifecrisis
06-19-2008, 10:38 PM
When I speak to other riders I invariably find that they are in awe of the Buells even if it's not for them. One night I was talking to this young guy on a CBR600R and he mentioned he would have liked to buy the Buell but couldn't afford it. He complained about needing high revs to get going with spirit and how often he stalls at stoplights. He was knowledgeable in the world of 'streetable torque'.
What gets me is all the 'sportbike ' guys (CBRs, R1s and 6s, zx's and Gixxer guys)and Harley guys who ignore 'the wave'. Funny, I think the 'sportbike' types are jealous cause they know it's a Buell and they just wish they had the individuality to ride a Buell. The Harley guys must think I'm riding some Jap bike so just prove their ignorance that I'm on a Harley (Taken to it's logical conclusion).
One guy asked me if I was riding a Ducati!
Overall, people who ride are open to all bikes. It's just that Buells are the BEST.:D

mrdozer2you
06-20-2008, 12:38 PM
Overall, people who ride are open to all bikes.

Or should be [up]

get used to it...you can have 100 bikes near you, people will always stop at the buell

Agreed....even on my local bike nights people still stop, look...point, and ask questions. You get comments everywhere from "man thats sweet", "I was looking at them before I bought my (insert Jap bike)" to "WOW you wasted your money"

NOMORE4s4ME
06-20-2008, 01:26 PM
It's an individuals choice, not a "follow the crowd" bike. I get people walking over to me all the time to ask questions about it. Most people who are into bikes like it. And if they know what they're talking about, they know it's a nice bike. It's not a razor sharp instrument, but its not trying to be. It excels in ways most bikes can't...with brute force and practical streetability. I've ridden some razors in the past...and my Buell is way more fun.

I've never had anyone say it...but anyone who had the balls to tell me I wasted my money would be told to keep their dumb ass opinion to themselves.

Path125
06-20-2008, 02:04 PM
was at a bike show, with friends (all Jap bikes) except me (xb12s), as we walked around the show, we could keep an eye on the bikes. Their was always people around mine, staring, then they would just glimpse at my buddies rice rockets... barely noticed them...
best was when a kid comes running up to the bike screaming COOOOOL, takes a little camera out and snaps a picture of it, my buddies were furious, i laughed!!

mrdozer2you
06-20-2008, 06:55 PM
I've never had anyone say it...but anyone who had the balls to tell me I wasted my money would be told to keep their dumb ass opinion to themselves.

The best comeback for that I've used was "go get your balls outa your wifes purse and I'll let you ride it" [up][smirk]

burnteyes
06-20-2008, 07:42 PM
I agree with dozer because 90% of all guys want a bike and or a nice ride[up]

buellxb
06-20-2008, 08:10 PM
"go get your balls outa your wife's purse and I'll let you ride it"

Wait, I ride a Buell and my wife still has my balls in her purse. I guess I can at least give off the impression that I'm still a real man. :D

burnteyes
06-20-2008, 08:22 PM
yeah right XB... i would say that to if she was right behind me:D might get lucky saying somthing like that

GatorBuell
06-20-2008, 08:46 PM
I was in Lowes a few weeks ago and a kid (19-22years old) asked my what kinda bike I rode ( I had my helmet in my hand ). I said A Buell and he kinda rolled his eyes at me and said he was sorry. I would normally blow people like that off but he seemed to go out of his way to come ask me. So when he offered up that he had a R6 I turned and gave him a smile and said "R6, cool that was my first bike too". He tried to hold a smile but after a few seconds it faded in to some kinda uncomfortable facial expression and turned and walked away.

buellxb
06-21-2008, 12:33 AM
Ha! That was a great comeback GatorBuell. I wonder what his deal was?

RHYNOXB9R
06-21-2008, 01:28 AM
The Buell rocks man! Nomatter what you ride or drive,someone is allways going to have their 2cents to put in.The Buell is different and those who seek it out to ride are looking to do their own thing,not follow a trend.Most people who knock something are just envious and pissed off that they didn't have the gut's to go against the grain and be different.Those who ride Buell's you rock!!!

GatorBuell
06-21-2008, 04:50 PM
I wonder what his deal was? Probably hanging around some opinionated guys at a bike night or something where they were talking down the Buell. I guess he was trying to be cool and It back fired. Guys like that are usually the ones that get air lifted when on a big group ride after trying to prove themselves.