PDA

View Full Version : XB12SS Euromodel

Stilo
05-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Hi
I´m new to Buell bought a brand new bike a week ago.
It is a 2009 XB12SS Eurospec.

I would like the bike to sound and breathe a bit better than original.
So i´m happy to any suggestions how to get most of this wonderful engine...

I have found some exhaust to fit the euro-headers, it´s the Torquehammer from twin motorcykles or it is the Remus revolution I find most affordable.
Of course I will fit a K&N or Pipercross filter.
But what about the ECM, should I modify by my own with ECM-spy by mono or buy the full Stage 1 kit for the Torquehammer, or maybe order a ECM from Erikbuellracing?

I´m thankful for all advise I can get.

albert666
05-28-2011, 09:37 AM
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab305/deathshop/P1010013.jpg
370 euros
http://www.aph-performance-engineering.com/

upthemaiden
05-28-2011, 09:49 AM
That's a great looking exhaust!

Stilo
05-29-2011, 10:28 AM
Looks really nice, I like the weldings, looks kinda racing...

Anyone here that have this exhaust?

albert666
05-29-2011, 10:33 AM
i run one on my bike as i make them, sold quite a few to ukbeg members too
also run these headers on mine, which are also avaialble to order
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab305/deathshop/P1010052.jpg

Stilo
05-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Nice...How much will I have to pay for the headers?

What kind of ECM are you running?

albert666
05-29-2011, 12:35 PM
headers are £450
i'm still running the stock ecm at the moment

Stilo
06-01-2011, 03:40 AM
Hi

I´m planning to order a exhaust from APH-performance (albert).
But the question is what I will gain if I order a full exhaust with the 45mm equal lenght headers, will there be any noticable performance difference or will the original small diameter (2009spec euroheaders) work just fine? Maybe I order just for the looks but the original looks kinda nice to.

I have a k&n filter on it´s way.

I think I will need some kind of ECM-change?, either from EBR with a raceECM or Twinmotorcycles online ECM programming. Maybe ECM-spy but I do not know how to use it...
What is the recomendation?

jakke
06-01-2011, 09:04 AM
Hi Stilo!

I have o8XB euro with euro headers, Sebring exhaust and a K&N airfilter, the bike is still running massively RICH, as opposed to US bikes witch run lean after these mods. So I think you might wan't to start with changing to US diameter headers. 10% hp gain after changing headers has been reported on this forum, true or false I don't know.

I don't know why the smaller headers haven't been compensated in the factory fuelmap...

Ofcourse, your firmware might be different, so check your AFV. Mine is around 80% even after the mods. I'm desperatedly saving money for new headers ;)
Or I should tune my ECM, but mistakes in that area can cost a lot...

Anywhow, if your map is like mine, you might not need to tune even after all these mods. Tuning is always good, but it's more necessary if you are running lean.

jakke
06-01-2011, 09:10 AM
Albert, I didn't see XB headers on your site. You make them anyways? How are they better than original US headers, what material are you using?

JW

albert666
06-01-2011, 01:40 PM
hi jakke, sorry my website badly needs updating, my headers are 304 stainless, equal length

jakke
06-02-2011, 01:25 AM
Would you swap a pair of headers for a new website design? I can do layout/design and build it to a cms (content management system for easy editing of content). I could propably pull off a shoppingcart with pay-pal. PM me if you are interested.

jw