PDA

View Full Version : another question...

steller
06-26-2008, 02:36 AM
so i talked with the harley dealer. he said no prob on installing my race ecm and recalibrating my tps. so i started picking his brain about remapping or a direct link. he didnt really know too much. he didnt know where to get the map for it from and so on. so i got him to keep on looking and finding out what he can. anyone have any info on how i can help my service tech help me lol. kinda hopin i can make my uly the sweetest bike on 2 wheels. and i would love to make my crotch rocket buddies taste my exhaust lol.

LeFox
06-26-2008, 11:47 AM
does he have the direkt link, software & dyno?

steller
06-26-2008, 07:50 PM
i know they do dyno, not sure about the software. they can do remapping he said he just wasnt sure about what map to use were his words?

LeFox
06-26-2008, 09:33 PM
well if they don't know what map to use, that means you're the first.

offer to make your bike a testbike, let them on build on the stock one.
buy some damaged headers of ebay or something so they can drill a hole in your front header and weld a fitting to it to fit the sensor.
that means the mapping would be free and all you needed was some damaged headers which is alot cheaper ;)

steller
06-27-2008, 02:12 AM
hey Lefox, so i talked to another buell dealer and they are telling me that they dont really do mapping anymore or dont know about it either one, but he is saying that i will need to be a screaming eagle tuner for my bike. hes saying thats what i will need to buy so they can map my bike so it is running pristine. man, im getting a bit confused here. is there some kind of documentation or something i can email to them and sey hey here this is what you need to know to make my bike badass so just do that lol. i do hope so. thanks

steller
06-27-2008, 02:14 AM
oh and he said the tuner is about $450.. and when i said well since you cant do remapping how about just installing my race ecm and he didnt even know what that was. lol yah im needing some help here. help me direct these guys in the right direction.

LeFox
06-27-2008, 11:22 AM
i got guys at a ducati store that can tune my buell.

if you can operate a dyno, know how direct-link or ecmspy or any other compatible software works and understand the principals & consequence of adding or extracting fuel at some point it doesn't matter what engine you have infront of you.

450$ for the tuner...could be if he doesn't think commercially and to charge you for the 1st buell he ever tuned. but that's key, dyno & all included.
(don't know how normal dyno prices are at your end, over here it's getting pretty common, so the price drops.)

a commercially thinking and motivated tech would say, never done a buell, but i'll do it for free just to get the experiance and know-how.
he can then add buell to his tuning list, you can go and ride and tell all your friends you had excellent service there, etc.
i wouldn't even have any objections to sticker a nice looking (not too big, though) add/link on my bike.