PDA

View Full Version : ERIKBUELLRACING RANT!!!!!!

brightbuell
06-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Im a little bummed out, i went over to EBR.com to price the programming ecm for my out dated XB12R and I was surprised to see it was still $250, and I was ****ing blown away to see EBR selling a programmable Kit for $750 Holy ****ing ****!!!!! Come on erik give your loyal followers a ****ing brake and cut it down to $300 more then twice the buell owners will buy it then would have so you will make more money in the long run and you will be making a lot of us happy who would other wise not be able to buy the over priced stuff. My main problem is that I dont trust to buy the preprogrammed EBRECM because to many people have have unsatisfactory results and in order to get them to do any tweeks if the ecm does not work the will charge you another fee instantly, even if its only been two days WHAT KIND OF **** IS THAT?. I need donations pleas?????

bajabomber87
06-10-2011, 10:56 PM
It's called a business. Business's require money to run.

And you're mad about prices being the same....damn, at least they didn't jack the prices up.

onelogue
06-11-2011, 01:51 AM
if the ecm does not work the will charge you another fee instantly, even if its only been two days
Wrong! My brother sent his back twice to swap with them and it didn't cost him anymore money.

misternikko
06-11-2011, 02:37 AM
Come on erik give your loyal followers a ****ing BREAK* and cut it down to $300 more THAN* twice the buell owners will buy it

"then would have so you will make more money in the long run and you will be making a lot of us happy who would other wise not be able to buy the over priced"...whoa...what??

Remember me? From the Harley thread? I sure remember you and nothing has changed lol. Maybe he plans on sending his kids to school and needs the money lol?

Bajabomber is right. It's a business. Like Harley was trying to run. Maybe you should get a different bike lol. Good luck~

anrkizm95
06-11-2011, 03:43 AM
I was ****ing blown away to see EBR selling a programmable Kit for $750 Holy ****ing ****!!!!! Come on erik give your loyal followers a ****ing brake [up][up] 400-500 and he would sell alot more imo

netty2424
06-11-2011, 07:06 AM
It's called a business
Generic statement!

And I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with either/both you, but just because "it's a business" doesn't necessarily mean its good business. There's good and bad business, and I've seen several threads on here where someone posted trying to sell Buell parts and they got ripped for trying to take advantage or setting the price too high.

Brightbuell obviously sees that price point being too high. Price is perceived value. But brightbuell, baja does have a good point in that it hasn't gone up. I'm in medical supply sales and our costs are rising virtually daily, it's both ridiculous and frustrating! Although $750 isn't an easy check to write, it's nice to see some cost stability if in fact it hasn't changed.

taylor
06-11-2011, 07:48 AM
I would have spent $400 maybe $500 but no way on $750. So I had to buy the plug and play. I have sent it back 3 times to get it tweaked and only been charged once. It works ok. Atleast I have no more decel poping from the drummer.

J_Undisputed
06-11-2011, 07:49 AM
I'm gathering the 1190 is not cheap to make. Neither will production or mass production of the upcoming models. If we want new bikes they have to come from somewhere. We're supporting an empire (Race team/race bike design/ future production models). Have to admire the guys hustle... trying to push music cd's to earn a little scratch toward making the bikes too.

As someone who may have to eventually bite the same bullet on that programmable one, I'm not exactly happy about it either. Then again if any of us wanted to keep our bikes stock, I'd guess we'd be free of this kind of dilemma. We have an mod itch that needs scratching, the recognized it and now we have support from the source. In a way we kind of did it to ourselves.

dallasb
06-11-2011, 07:52 AM
What are the advantages of buying a programmable ecm over just doing a custom tune on your stock one? I know there are small differences in the fan operation and things like that...but sheesh...750 can get you a lot of dyno time.

bobaganoosh
06-11-2011, 08:05 AM
that price is definitly too high, why else would almost everyone on here have ecm spy, which eric buell definitly does not support

Dogwood
06-11-2011, 09:35 AM
I bought one yesterday and didn't even think about complaining. $250 for an ECM? Think about a car ECM. This is an upgrade, not a required part. I always thought $250 was cheap for an ECM, especially for one that is already programmed for my upgrades.

brightbuell
06-11-2011, 09:59 AM
What kind of bike do you have bajabommer???

Missternikio remember des nuts?? They Remember your face!!!!!! I knew I smelled something its a nikio from the harley site, that's not something id be proud of around here. All jokes aside, ok so there is one guy who got a free ride after he paid full price for the pre-programmed EBRECM. Every one else paid again. And thats after sending it back 2-3-4 times you would think he would be getting reach a round, not charged again for all the stress. They are locking those for a reason to sucker you into buying the $750 rewrite-able one plan and simple. Sure its a marketing strategy and yes that makes us Mc suckers, I believed in Buell as a New and different / he needed us well we need him as well, god dammit. Look here is what im saying, if I know a bunch of people and non of them have bought the rewrite able units do to the prices, but if the prices were lowered then every one I know would buy one then who would WIN???????????? EVERY ONE!!!!!!!!!! CASE CLOSED.

BuddhaBuell
06-11-2011, 10:20 AM
feel better after ranting brightbuell?

if it were priced lower many would purchase it, that being said people will continue to use ECMspy or have thier bikes tuned professionly using their existing ECM's

I am sure Erik is not a multi millionaire who can toss truckfulls of cash into his bikes and thier development, everything he does is costing alot of money and the progress he is making with EBR is pretty impressive considering its been less then 2 years since Harley ****ed us all.

If one wants to bypass spending so much money then they should either be happy with what they have (a piece of motorcycle history)

OR convert their bike back to stock and not worry aboot the price of aftermarket mods.
[smirk]

Dogwood
06-11-2011, 10:51 AM
convert their bike back to stock and not worry aboot the price of aftermarket mods.

Exactly. I got my K&N, D&D, and ECM for a little over $700 and I was extremely excited about that. So I practically spent over $700 just to make it loud. I can honestly say I'm proud of myself.

Iamarchangel
06-11-2011, 12:12 PM
So why was it you wanted to buy a programmable ecm?

I'm guessing 80% of the consumers don't have a clue how to use them.

Seems to me EBR supports the consumers with them.

Spend your money somewhere else. That is the American principle.

I can't even begin to understand what you're whining about.

brightbuell
06-11-2011, 01:53 PM
I just felt like bitching. Im ok now. Thanks guys.
:)

Dogwood
06-11-2011, 03:19 PM
I know how you feel though. I feel like that when I have to buy a $10 part for my truck, but I'm not that way with my bike.

dmp0001
06-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Its unrealistic to expect him to give us much of a discount at this point. Much of what you are paying for is the licensed software. Just an ECM (which he does for us) is $250. The software is what is killing the price and I would be willing to bet he doesn't set the price on it. Its just like any other software, the good stuff will cost you. Think Microsoft word vs. the many free word processors out there. You may be able to get the job done cheaper but the good stuff will cost you. It is my impression, and this is why I like Buell, is he is not in to cost cutting. Every thing he does to a bike he does the best way there is. If you want to cut costs then go another route but if you want it done RIGHT it may cost more.

bajabomber87
06-11-2011, 11:27 PM

08 Lightning why?

xoptimizedrsx
06-12-2011, 12:14 AM
I find this thread funny... I know what is in the PCM program...Nothing special IMO. LOL

sending it back multiple times, humm someone is guessing I would say...

To do it right, Just data log your stock ecm and adjust to you on your bike from data made where you ride. No dyno can match nor beat out that by anyone.

Mike

RT Performance
06-12-2011, 12:38 AM
Programables are$$!$! Because of the dam software license wich maybe they have to pay hd for the older ones.
Erik dynoed my barker pipe for free to get a map. Yes I had to pay 250 for the race ECM.
No that's customer service you can't get a computer tuned for your f150 or silverado for a pacific muffler header and air cleaner can u?

netty2424
06-12-2011, 07:47 AM
I know how you feel though. I feel like that when I have to buy a $10 part for my truck, but I'm not that way with my bike.

So true! I need tires on my car, but id rather buy accessories and such that don't offer as much functional value as tires on my car........that I drive everyday.......because its basically my office, and I dont think twice about it! Funny!! Thought I was the only one with my priorities out of whack! :D

Dogwood
06-12-2011, 10:27 AM
Yeah, and I get pissed about $170 a month on insurance for my truck and two cars, but not $150 for my bike alone.

jakestolar
06-12-2011, 02:01 PM
HAHA I need to buy my wife some riding gear but I catch myself thinking of all the parts I could buy for my bike instead of gear for her. As long as I get to enjoy it! haha

nativeXb12Rbuell
06-12-2011, 09:25 PM
I am sure Erik is not a multi millionaire who can toss truckfulls of cash into his bikes and thier development, everything he does is costing alot of money and the progress he is making with EBR is pretty impressive considering its been less then 2 years since Harley ****ed us all.

thats right , Erik Buell isn't a millionaire ,hell he can't even afford to buy & pay for one of his own first EBR bike the 1190Rs, he has said this a few times he has all his money and loans on things tied up into EBR and getting it going to BRING BUELLERS and the WORLD his new bikes.

dmp0001
06-12-2011, 09:53 PM
thats right , Erik Buell isn't a millionaire ,hell he can't even afford to buy & pay for one of his own first EBR bike the 1190Rs, he has said this a few times he has all his money and loans on things tied up into EBR and getting it going to BRING BUELLERS and the WORLD his new bikes.

That is why when it said $18 for shipping for my 2010 taillight I still bought it. Any other company and I wouldn't have paid it. Too bad thats about all I can afford to buy from him right now.

unionthug
06-12-2011, 10:15 PM
This reminds me about the old shop rate sign, Shop rate $50. $100 if you watch $150 if you help. The programable ecm's are $750 because people who think they need them are a pain in the ass.

No offense but $750 for what you get from EBR is a deal. If it's not for you go get a race only ecm from Harley or take your chances with ecm spy.

UT

firebolt020283
06-12-2011, 10:30 PM
ok I do not see why you guys are getting all butt hurt for him charging $750 for a part that up until Buell went out of business you could not even buy with out a race license. It is also warned that it is not a part that is intended for the use of just bolt on parts like air filter, and pipes. That product is meant for the guys with heavy modded engines. Also consider you are not only paying for the ecm you are paying for the cable, and the software for it as well. Unless you have an all out race bike and you are constantly setting your bike up for different tracks you should not need to reprogram you ecm that much which is the people that product is aimed at.

firebolt020283
06-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Also chew on this for a second. most of his other parts are cheaper than they were when they were sold under Buell. So I am pretty sure there he might possibly be paying quite a bit for the software for it to be so much.

misternikko
06-13-2011, 08:36 AM

Missternikio remember des nuts?? They Remember your face!!!!!! I knew I smelled something its a nikio from the harley site, that's not something id be proud of around here.

LOLOL even with peoples names written for you in plain english you still cant spell for ****!

if your nuts were in my face they must be small because i dont remember seeing them. at least my bike works. maybe yours just wants a literate owner.

i never bought a harley by the way, thanks to you perhaps~ i got something better that'll eat your broken ass XB12R up. Thanks for the tip and good luck~ [up]

Midnight82
06-13-2011, 09:02 AM
at least my bike works. maybe yours just wants a literate owner.

HILARIOUS!

triple7
06-13-2011, 09:54 AM
Lol. Wow you guys are harsh :D

kyle_dewald
06-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Just be happy you don't have a jap bike where the computer costs almsot $2k like my friends R6. I think $250 for ecm or $750 for the programmer and ecm is an awesome deal. Harley charged $400 something for just the stock ECM.

misternikko
06-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Lol. Wow you guys are harsh

Im honestly usually not, he was just a complete douche in another thread so I felt compelled to return the favor.

he should change his screen name to "not so bright buell".

after this thread, its fitting.

Drkside79
06-13-2011, 01:26 PM
Agreed yes they are expensive but they seem to be worth it. Plus do they not have a pre-programed one for 250? that watches your bike.

dave_xb12r
06-13-2011, 01:51 PM
2 years ago, it cost something like $500 to guy a reprogrammed ECM using directlink. EBRs prices are pretty good for their preprogrammed race ECM.

I dislike EBR for other reasons. It wasn't hard to make a 1125RR yourself for much cheaper by going to the internal parts manufactures directly. Private Buell race teams have been ****ED by EBR by EBR locking the other companies in with contracts limiting them to only providing internal race parts to EBR ONLY, and leaving private race teams being forced to go through EBR for parts. This allows EBR to put whatever price on it themselves which doubled the original cost.

misternikko
06-13-2011, 02:16 PM
^ damn that blows. so if we hate harley and ebr...who do we like?? i want another one...a new and improved one.

dave_xb12r
06-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Who do we like? The little guys on the right hand column ----->

racepro716
06-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Hey Dave, every manufaturer does that with the race only stuff. You should have seen the prices years ago for Yamaha TZ or Honda RS bits. Can you say $1500 for an RS-125 cylinder? Was only a slightly modified CR-125 piece. Clutch plates? Twice the price and exactly the same part. Someway somehow racers find a way to afford it. Oh well. Wayne

misternikko
06-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Who do we like? The little guys on the right hand column ----->

BAHAHAHAHAA!!

dave_xb12r
06-13-2011, 04:17 PM
Hey Dave, every manufaturer does that with the race only stuff.

But they're not the manufacturer. They're a new company that decided to provide buell race parts. Why is it that they can decide to run a monopoly (which is illegal) on the buell race scene? There were other people using the manufactures too. I guess it's also the manufactures faults for signing the contracts.

brightbuell
06-13-2011, 04:44 PM
My Buell runs great, I have a custom map from Octopus but my fan does not kick on until i turn my bike off so I was attributing it to the fact that i used a custom map and Ecmread / tunerpro to install it. Since its gotten hotter again Ive noticed it again and someone brought it up so I priced'em for the hell of it. My bike runs great. Im not going to take the chance of sending back an EBRECM 3 times and pay Erik twice to get something that works half as good as my map I have now for a fan to kick on at a stop light. **** it. This thread opened up the conversation enough for me to see that nothing has changed from two years ago with EBRECM's. Oh! and misterdikho scratch your chin my balls itch. A little to the left, there you go.:D

misternikko
06-14-2011, 07:36 AM
LOL youre still dumb as rocks...with your preschool jokes and all lol...i really cant believe youre still talking, id be embarrassed but thats just me. Maybe wash your balls if they itch, just sayin~