PDA

View Full Version : Faster bike?

Charlie Hieb
06-14-2011, 07:57 AM
Hey guys, I’ve got a question for you. I have an 06 XB9sx lighting and I just installed s randy hawk custom exhaust. For any of you who have this upgrade, it’s a noticeable performance gain. Does anybody know what else I can do to make this bike really scream without doing a big bore kit or something too advanced? I want way more power.

Alfatango1
06-14-2011, 08:22 AM
Remap the ecm to match your mods. You're not going to get much power but the bike will respond a lot better throughout the rev range. You can also use a bigger throttle body like that from a VRod and map it for that too. It will feel like a different bike.

myronman3
06-14-2011, 09:40 AM
if that bike aint getting it done for you, sell it and get something like a 1125r, or cr. do all you want to it, but at the end of the day....it is still going to be an 06 xb9sx....not that there is anything wrong with that.

CowboyKS
06-14-2011, 10:30 AM
XB12S has a few more ponies and a lot more torque. I would love to drop the gearing to the XB9 ratio for more low end punch. If you want full-up competitive ponies, then go for myron's 1125 recommendation.

misternikko
06-14-2011, 10:48 AM
this is how i fixed my problem. and i have a modded Xb12. They (XBs) are great bikes. a lot of fun. especially in their range on the street. but itll never be a "fast bike". of course...that is not what they were intended for.

this thing screams at half the CCs

http://i51.tinypic.com/2en223r.jpg