PDA

View Full Version : 08-09 xb12 ecms the same???

Deardick
06-14-2011, 07:59 PM
Hi all knowing Buell brain. I have a question about xb12 08-09 ecms. Are they all the same? I have an 08 uly. Reason I'm asking this I've been have a speedo gremlin. I would ride the bike for a while when I turn it off and restart speedo would work for a bit then drop out. As soon as I restart it will work fine. Until I turn it off again. I noticed a little hiccup in low revs too before speeding fails. Well I'll give you background on my troubleshooting. New speed sensor. Dissasembled bike checked all grounds, new voltage regulator which leads me to new Ecm. Bought one on eBay to try and the bike runs awesome on it and my mysterious speedo problems seems to have disappeared but now when I turn the bike off no fan on shut down like the old Ecm. Is this correct for a Ulysses? Or do I need to flash a new profile. I have ecmspy but have never changed anything. Just use it for trouble codes which never helped me. I don't want to warp a head or something stupid by not having fan. Thanks to the brain in advance. You guys are all way too smart.

anrkizm95
06-14-2011, 08:13 PM
updated ecm the fan dosnt run as much when its shut off because it comes on over 15 mph the bike runs cooler.ecms are the same

Deardick
06-15-2011, 07:19 AM
Awesome. Thanks so much. The New ecm gave me a new bike is awesome now