PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Features

buellxb
06-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Some of you may have noticed the new social sharing features just below the ads at the top of the site. These allow you to Facebook Like, Share, Tweet or Google +1 the site or a specific thread. Why would you want to use these???

1. Sharing a thread you like will encourage others to join the conversation. More input, more engagement, better answers to your questions.

2. Sharing the site and threads you like helps promote Buellxb.com and will help our membership grow. A larger membership base means more people to engage with, more answers to your questions and more ad revenue to the site allowing us to fund more upgrades, giveaways, DIY how to videos and more.

3. Using these social sharing features will help useful threads rise to the top of Google and Bing searches. This will help you and others find quality threads to solve problems or answer technical questions.

4. As more people use these we will be able to incorporate this data into our own advanced forum search making it easier for you and others to find threads within buellxb.com

5. It only takes seconds to Like, Tweet, Share or Google +1 something you find interesting or valuable. I would appreciate it. [up]

Thank you in advance!
Jeremy
aka buellxb

d_adams
06-19-2011, 07:05 PM
Not sure if it's just me, but that twitter thing slows the page load time down a LOT. I see that on the load indicator longer than anything else. All the ads pop up, as does the background, just no thread links until twitter gets done.

henri66
06-20-2011, 03:12 AM
Just shared it.

buellxb
06-22-2011, 04:24 PM
I'll look into the load time issues d_adams . Thanks for sharing henri66 !

buellxb
06-23-2011, 01:58 PM
The load time issues have now been fixed. Please let me know if you or anyone else experiences issues with load times. Thank you!

buellxb
06-23-2011, 02:00 PM
Also, keep in mind that by clicking any of the social share features at the top of this page means you are actually "Like" ing or Tweeting this specific thread. If you simply want to "Like" or share buellxb.com then go to a main forum or the homepage of the site, http://www.buellxb.com

Thanks all! [up]

Baal
06-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Hey-it looks like the 4 bazillion rep points issue got fixed. Did it get fixed overall (meaining it's possible to have -1 rep, rather than 4102952) or is it positive or unranked?

buellxb
06-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Baal, the rep point issue is fixed. I'm not sure on the specific details, my programmer just told me he took care of it.

Thaloc
07-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Im not digging the honda ads everywhere.

thrstrmech
07-18-2011, 06:11 AM
after reading through most of the topics under the " Technical Issues with the Forum" some things seem to have not been addressed further and some have been, very well done...
a few more thoughts of things that would help i believe:
1. a feature in "My Pics" that would allow you to re-arrange your pictures, i.e., if you have a group of pics that show progression from step one , step two, etc... or later add a pic that goes along with something previously uploaded, get where i'm going with this
2. able to edit/delete the pics from your gallery without having to click on that pic and then clicking on "delete photo" button, a right click option on your mouse
3. a PM, a Gallery, etc... functions on the members posting rather than having to click on their name to get to those functions (kinda like RC Helicopter forums) some of you know what i mean
4. a user location underneath members names, rather than having to go to their profiles or just hanging out over a given time on the forum to figure out where they are from

food for thought:D

glassiter
02-01-2012, 12:23 AM
Is it just me or are there others being automatically logged out when switching in between tabs just opened? I have tried tinkering with my cookies already but still found the same problem to persist.

But for a new feature, we could all take what other forums are taking with a chat function.

dave_xb12r
02-01-2012, 01:29 AM
No, I haven't seen any issues like that on my end.

netty2424
02-01-2012, 05:40 AM
I haven't experienced that either.

Goiter24
02-17-2012, 01:33 PM
Has there been any discussion about using Tapatalk on this forum? It would be really nice if that were possible.

oh9bolt
02-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Maybe third thread asking is the charm. Lol

Goiter24
02-17-2012, 01:40 PM
Well the others didn't seem to have had any recent activity on them so I wasn't sure if or when they would be seen.

oh9bolt
02-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Im just pulling your chain, I have made some suggestions too they dont seem to get answered thiugh.

sparky300
03-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Is there any way to receive email notifications for PM's or new posts to threads I've previously posted to?

xtremelow
03-13-2012, 10:04 PM
I have the email notification on a Tundra forum I am on which is real nice.

Also as mentioned before an easier way to delete private messages would be nice, I am at 59 pages and for a while is was deleted them 10 at a time.

sparky300
03-13-2012, 10:16 PM
Someone else has noticed the same issue I have, banner ads running over the first post in a thread to make the right side of the post unreadable. Is this fixable? Mods?

slabber
03-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Simpler quote/multi-quote functionality.

Many of us (especially those of us coming from buellforums.com) are used to the vbulletin software which has significantly better usability.

More comprehensive Advanced Search options
Email notifications for PMs and updates to subscribed threads.
Sent PMs
Signatures, including images

FlaXB9R
03-14-2012, 06:20 PM
Someone else has noticed the same issue I have, banner ads running over the first post in a thread to make the right side of the post unreadable. Is this fixable? Mods?

My question is are you using Google Chrome ? Only time I have seen this is while browsing on chrome . I have never had this issue with Internet Explorer . I think it the browser causing the issue when it formats the site .

cpatt
03-14-2012, 06:26 PM
My question is are you using Google Chrome ? Only time I have seen this is while browsing on chrome . I have never had this issue with Internet Explorer . I think it the browser causing the issue when it formats the site .
i use firefox and it happens sometimes 2. only when there are big pics in the thread

FlaXB9R
03-14-2012, 06:29 PM
i use firefox and it happens sometimes 2. only when there are big pics in the thread

I've never seen it personally with IE but have with chrome and even my (HTC Evo4g) sometimes

anrkizm95
03-14-2012, 06:31 PM
an easier way to delete private messages would be nice[up][up][up]

FlaXB9R
03-14-2012, 06:40 PM
I just opened a page and the banner was hanging over and I was like wtf thinking I was on IE and realized I was on chrome ( I use both often ) anyways so I got on IE to check for sure on same post an here it is .

IE
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff518/FlaXB9R/IEscreenshot.png
Chrome
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff518/FlaXB9R/ChromeScreenshot.png

neilrl79
03-14-2012, 06:41 PM
I belong to alot of different forums and there are a couple features that would really be nice.... as long as you're open to suggestions.

Go to new post would be nice, rather than having to find where you left off in a thread.
Also, a quote button would be very helpful.

anrkizm95
03-14-2012, 06:43 PM
Also, a quote button would be very helpful.

netty2424
03-14-2012, 07:07 PM
I just opened a page and the banner was hanging over and I was like wtf thinking I was on IE and realized I was on chrome ( I use both often ) anyways so I got on IE to check for sure on same post an here it is

Fixing the banner issue would be nice! It's been discussed many many times. It cuts into people's posts, blocking text.

neilrl79
03-15-2012, 05:54 AM
Let me elaborate... a ''quote'' button in the individual posts. That way when you quote someone it will show their user name in the quote box. I'm on an android 4.0.x browser and I don't see it if it's already there.

RayDog26
03-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Hey i am not sure if this is a feature. is there a subscribe option so I get email notification when some one replies to a post I made or commented on because its hard to keep track of all the different threads I am part of.

JOEL9
03-15-2012, 08:13 PM
Ray, right above your name at the top of the page it says "my posts" click on it & see all the threads you posted in.

RayDog26
03-15-2012, 09:32 PM
aw very nice, I over looked that lol [up][up][up]

guess im still in newbie mode :D

konarider94
03-15-2012, 09:35 PM

use adblock. an add on available for firefox and chrome and you wont see it at all.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom

Kuntreeboy
03-16-2012, 03:51 AM
Using adblock though doesn't help the site at all!!! The site gets a little bit of money for those ads, everytime someone clicks on them theres a little change sent this way. If everyone ad blocks then this forum will go the way of other forums!!!

d_adams
03-16-2012, 05:53 AM
What I'd like to see is a user control panel, either SMF or v-bulletin style. Being able to see old messages that I had pm'd to someone would be nice, rather than just the inbox with possibly a quoted message.
Resizing of pics would be nice also since most of mine are hosted offsite. Uploading the same pic to multiple sites is a pita, I'd rather not do that unless there's a valid reason for it.

konarider94
03-16-2012, 05:54 AM
who clicks ads anyway? they just piss me off so i got rid of them, but if thats the case you would think something would be done to format the page correctly!!! im certainly not going to switch back to IE just for that.

I hate the google ads because ill search for something and buy it or decide i dont want it but it still shows up in my ads for a month plus. cool i see sweet deals on goggles all day, too bad i bought a pair last week. oh delta has flights from kalamazoo to richmond...too bad i took that flight 2 weeks ago.

Draxsonimy
03-16-2012, 06:07 AM
Xtremelow is onto something there!

Easier pm deletes!!

flaya564
04-04-2012, 12:47 PM
What is with the "Text Enhance" things on the forum. I keep thinking they are links to useful things but no.