PDA

View Full Version : Dyno run

Fock347
06-30-2008, 01:58 AM
just dynoed my bike 2 day and im getting the power of a 900 and i have a 1200, with jardine can,k&N with open airbox, race ecm, breather re route,iridium plugs. and im only peaking at 84hp and 76 ftlbs of torq. any ideas why?, and it did have a tps reset when i put the ecm on.

midlifecrisis
06-30-2008, 04:05 AM
Generally speaking, the power figures for a bike are at the crankshaft. So the 103 HP rating for our 1203cc Buell would translate to about the mid 80's at the rear wheel. So the numbers you're getting would seem to be the stock readings one would expect at the rear wheel according to all the write ups I've seen. Now, with all those modifications, there still seems to be something fishy in Denmark. Hey LeFox, Belgium's pretty close to Elsinore, got any ideas?;)

Fock347
06-30-2008, 04:59 AM
well then again i dont know how accurate the dyno was either, it was only 20$ for a dyno run. you get what you pay for. i was hearin that it was off by 15hp but who knows. im planin on doin a big bore with some head porting durring cold season any way so ill dyno tune it then. but i still think it should have a lil more power than that right?

Devlsmurf
06-30-2008, 06:08 AM
I've read a few things about the mapping with the Race ECM and The Jardine being off. Along with, while the Jardine is nice and loud it actually saps some of your low end and high end (mid stays about the same) torque.......I think it was the XB Dyno Shootout....

LeFox
06-30-2008, 09:55 AM
just dynoed my bike 2 day and im getting the power of a 900 and i have a 1200, with jardine can,k&N with open airbox, race ecm, breather re route,iridium plugs. and im only peaking at 84hp and 76 ftlbs of torq. any ideas why?, and it did have a tps reset when i put the ecm on.
the factory given specs are always at the cranckshaft. this means that you can subtract about 20% to get the actual figure at the rear wheel.
so a stock 1200 would have 83nm (62ft.lbs) and 75hp at the rear wheel.
the specs you got at your dyno are actually pretty respectable with the mods you mentioned.

what kind of airbox cover do you have?
with a remap you should be able to gain a bit more.

got the read-out from the dyno?

I've read a few things about the mapping with the Race ECM and The Jardine being off. Along with, while the Jardine is nice and loud it actually saps some of your low end and high end (mid stays about the same) torque.......I think it was the XB Dyno Shootout....
loose a bit of very low (no valve), gain middle and top remains about the same.

Fock347
06-30-2008, 11:48 PM
the stock airbox cover but i cut a hole by the gas cap like the newer ones, ya i have the dyno readout