PDA

View Full Version : Need help/information

pgbutler
06-25-2011, 08:36 AM
Long story short I stripped the threads in one of the oil feed attachments where it goes into the oil pump.Haven't done this in many years so I guess it was due to happen at some point.I need to order a Heli Coil set so I can fix this but am not sure of the thread/pitch etc, to get the correct one.I know it is a standard and not metric thread but other than this I don't know.The fitting itself is not stripped but rather where it goes into the oil pump.If I had only looked at it a little harder I would have seen that it was a compression fitting with a little clip and would have pulled right off without threading it out.Aluminum is so easy to over torque and because I had had it of 4 different times I guess I was getting a little frusterated.If any one knows the correct tread information it would be greatly appreciated.Also whether I can get my 2008 Ulysses XT to run properly wth a Jardine pipe? The unfortunate even happened when going back to the stocker.

Pierce

anrkizm95
06-25-2011, 10:41 AM
take the fitting to the parts store and they will match it up.im pretty sure its a npt.welcome to the forum.