PDA

View Full Version : Buell XB-s "s"...what to do...

GMAN
03-16-2007, 11:04 AM
No one really answered, I did a similar question before, but i'm not clear with it, I'm not sure but I think I`m 5,9 to 6 tall in my measures 1,82 cmts...
and weight 73kg...

And I like more the short tail and compact XB"S" but as I'm reading around for people above 6 ft should go for the "SS", so am I going to be uncomfortable on the "S"?

I must say as well that I DID try the "S" for around 20 kmts, not much but something and I felt conftable, the think is that later on I might be wrong???

Please any help is appreciated...

As well did some of you guys tried the Triumph Triple speed? Just to have a solidly comparison between Buell and Triumph (I know its not the best place to ask, but maybe I'm lucky...).

THanks in advance...
GMAN

azsnow
03-16-2007, 01:15 PM
I am 6' 1" and ride a XB9R. This bike is a little more cramped than the lightning. I added extended pegs and a touring seat, this gave me about 2 more inches of room. At first I was uncomfortable, but I am now getting used to it. I say go for the SS, every inch counts when you are a tall guy and want to ride for more than 3 blocks!

GMAN
03-16-2007, 03:59 PM
And considering, I like more the "s" than the "SS", just because the shorter tail, I don't want to trust my self "its comfortable" as I really had a short ride, and I really got amazed coming from Japan sporties, so gotta do a decision soon as I really want to order it....

I refused to de Triumph triple speed, not sure if I'm doing right, but I only tested the Buell and I loved its torque, speed is more than enough, and its fun to hell, the only thing is I'm not sure if it is a reliable (confident bike) and reading about transmission belts breaking, well scares me a bit (the Harley dealer down here in spain, told me the belt never brakes, and if it does it have lifetime guarantee and gets straight replaced) that's something!!...

mrdozer2you
03-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Well im 5'10" dont know the metric conversion:D and own a lightning ss. From what i've read and been told the main difference would be an extended swing-arm in the ss as opposed to the s. Also I believe the fuel tank may have a slightly higher capacity on the ss than the s.
I was comfortable on either bike although havent been able to ride yet. ( see thread "big mistake") I think the ss being longer will be a bit more stable on freeway riding, and give my wife ( and my testes) a bit more room on the seat[cool]

mezap
03-17-2007, 04:53 AM
I'm 5'11 to 6' depending on the gravitational pull of the earth, I ride an XB12S, and I love it. I am completely comfortable, and I came from a bigger sport-touring bike. Also have an asian cruiser. I like the XB12S, but I rode an Ss and it was cool as well. But that 2 inches counts for something depending on what kind of riding you are doing. Twisties, get the S! Highway riding, get the Ss. better for long trips as well, I think. Bigger gas tank.

Hard Corps
03-19-2007, 04:35 AM
I have owned both, and I acually perfer the 12s. My first Buell was the 12ss and I was attacked by a tree (long story). Anyways I know own a 12s, and perfer the way that it handles and responds. I am 5'11 and 200lbs. I have actually put the R pegs on my bike, and will be putting the crossroad bars on soon. The only difference really is the seat on the SS for some taller people like being able to move their behind further back, but I say it is hogwash.

mrdozer2you
03-19-2007, 06:09 PM
Yeah, i heard its a bit smoother on the ss but I havent compared. I also heard its a bit tougher to get the front end up. I havent tried yet but im sure if i wanted to it would be no problem[up]

OLD GUY
04-26-2007, 07:55 PM
MY BUDDIE HAS A SPEED TRIPLE, A EXCELLENT BIKE VERY COMPARABLE TO THE BUELL BUT FASTER.

buellxb
04-26-2007, 09:43 PM
It would be a huge help to the community if everyone took a bit more time and tried to spell correctly, add spaces after commas, etc. This is critical to our exposure and ranking for Google. Thanks![up]

bahamasair
04-26-2007, 10:26 PM
It would be a huge help to the community if everyone took a bit more time and tried to spell correctly, add spaces after commas, etc. This is critical to our exposure and ranking for Google. Thanks!

Im not sure if you are serious or not but you are asking alot of an internet forum lol.

buellxb
04-27-2007, 01:19 AM
Trust me, I know how hard it is to get people to focus on grammar and spelling on a forum, but have you noticed how this Buell forum ranks compared to others? Do a Google search for 'Buell' and see which forum comes up first. One reason is because I edit posts for grammar, spelling and keywords. I wouldn't be surprised if this forum ranks above Buell.com in the near future. It's not a big deal. I will keep editing as I see fit, but it's worth mentioning if anyone wants to help. [cool]

mrdozer2you
04-27-2007, 12:56 PM
GL wit dat.....LOL jk.:D:D:D

GMAN
05-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Today i had a long test ride again (ont the "Ss",i ordered mine allready (i went for the "S"as i think there was not a big difference 20 days to arrive) .

Im not up to speed at all,i think this would be anyway the wrong bike for speed,its really such a fun bike.

Cant w8...also getting a Nice Bandit XXR with custom paint,check em out really funny --->www.crazy-custom.de

Greetz

mrdozer2you
05-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Nice work..you wont be dissapointed with the Buell!! You are right. Buells wont win any top speed races, but they are loads of fun none the less. Besides, anybody can go fast in a straight line. :D