PDA

View Full Version : My 2005 XB12S

mtuttle02
07-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Thought I would post a picture of my bike- All stock other than the drummer. I really need to get rid of that tail!
http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/1873_20080701150905_L.jpg

dave_xb12r
07-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Nice bike! What made you go with the drummer? I'm planning on getting one myself. No need to get rid of the tail all together, just cut it off and spray it black. I've seen some cut off that look stock.

mtuttle02
07-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Thanks Dave! I’ve heard nothing but good things about D&D's product + I like the fact that there is no need to do the ECM. I just installed it Friday and it seems to run much better than stock- no more surging at low rpm- it also sounds GREAT! I would like to find someone to do the tail for me as I don’t have the proper tools to do it(all I have is a dremel)im not sure im that desperate yet.

dave_xb12r
07-02-2008, 03:54 AM
Have you done the reroute mod? Americansportbike.com sells an open airbox/reroute kit that makes low speed and idle issues that all stock buells have almost non existent. As far as cutting the tail goes, if you have access to an air compressor, you could pick up a pneumatic cutting tool for like $25.

His_and_Her_Buells
07-02-2008, 04:44 AM
I’ve heard nothing but good things about D&D's product

Nice bike and welcome to the forum if I already haven't said so. Thought you should know though that Drummer is made by KDFab. Very good pipes as is the one by D&D.

mtuttle02
07-02-2008, 06:21 AM
opps Ive been reading a lot on mufflers- can you tell:) I meant KDFab. Thanks HAHB

mtuttle02
07-02-2008, 06:30 AM
Have you done the reroute mod? Americansportbike.com sells an open airbox/reroute kit that makes low speed and idle issues that all stock buells have almost non existent. As far as cutting the tail goes, if you have access to an air compressor, you could pick up a pneumatic cutting tool for like $25.

No i haven’t done that mod yet- i think i may in the future though- did you notice a big diffrence? Ive been commuting it daily so i haven’t wanted to take the tail off and bring it to work. I think I might be able to use a Bridgeport on it....

dave_xb12r
07-02-2008, 07:31 AM
I think the reroute mod is a must especially if you commute on it. It cost me $30 for the brass T's, good heat resistant hoses and a breather.