PDA

View Full Version : my firebolt is not running right

dragracexb
06-26-2011, 04:01 AM
I have 09 12r with a force on it. I bought it this way. The bike only has 250mi on it. Seem like when I start it its only running on 1 cyl. it pops and backfires so bad i cant let it warm up. is this a ecm problem on maybe i have a stuck valve or something. I just bought this bike in april from a dealer in nevada its still got a full warranty just wondering maybe taking it to a dealer.

07Bolt
06-26-2011, 05:13 AM
i think the 09s have a couple of recalls on them; but

u might check/replace:

-plugs maybe fouled after sitting
-battery maybe low
-gas maybe bad
-a Throttle position reset (u can do it urself on the 09s)
-change the fluids

Iamarchangel
06-26-2011, 06:18 AM
With so many questions, your best bet is to take it to the dealer if it is still covered under warranty.

That would be your first question: warranty.

jimijeans
06-27-2011, 04:03 AM
Do A TPS reset before you take it to the Dealer the Force Exhaust is Not really a good Muffler for the Xb model bikes.However it may work ok once you do the TPS reset by using Key turn method. This is for the 08+ Buells only.There's plenty of links here on the Forum for that.If you can't find it post me and I'll type it in for you.Yes the 08+Bikes have several upgrades on the bikes.All simple like the Clutch Front Bracket by the header for one.Some times the Rocker Gaskets will seep so untill it does that they won't fix it .The Clutch bracket however will be done.Check the Warranty Recalls on H/Ds site.There may be a Headlite bracket recall as well.*Jimi

dragracexb
06-27-2011, 07:30 PM
Thanks I'll try that.

GOduc
06-27-2011, 11:32 PM
Ya sounds like tps or bad ecm. May as well do the tps yourself though since it takes about 2 minutes. I'd be willing to bet they would do those two things first at the dealership anyway. Save a trip with it in the back of the truck...[up]

GOduc
06-27-2011, 11:34 PM
And [up] on the bad gas thing if its been sitting.

dragracexb
06-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Thanks [up][up][up]

dragracexb
06-28-2011, 10:27 AM
Plus it smells like race gas and i know that stuff gums up everything.