PDA

View Full Version : CL Scam

Firstimer1969
06-26-2011, 07:20 AM
Just a heads up for folks. I thought I was getting a used muffler from this guy in OHIO but sent him the money and now he is not responding and hasn't shipped the part. Just want to keep others from getting scammed. He could even be a member here.

Below is the CL ad (Dayton Ohio)

I have a few different parts for xb buells of the items that I have for the Buells is a stock seat, a stock underbody exhaust, stock mirrors, stock turn signals, and a few other stock parts. I also have a Vega helmet, and some other odds and ends of aftermarket parts that will work with pretty much any bike, such as mirrors, turn signals, handle bars, and some other things. There are no prices listed on any of the things i have for sale because I am open for any offer, as long as they are not ridiculously low. If you have any questions at all, or want to know if I have something you are looking for please feel free to email me, or call/txt me at six one four, three one six, four eight six eight.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 0 image 1
image 2 image 3

anrkizm95
06-26-2011, 07:31 AM
[up]

netty2424
06-26-2011, 01:55 PM
Not to add insult to injury here, but I never purchase anything from craigslist that I can't get to in person. There's simply no buyer protection at all. At least with eBay, there are ratings and customer testimonials to validate a sales history.

Did you send him cash, check, etc?anything that your bank can track?

Firstimer1969
06-26-2011, 02:10 PM
I know. There's always that risk. Interesting, that in the State of Ohio you can file a complaint with the Start Attorney General's Office specifically about craigslist, I filed one. I don't expect anything will come of it I just wanted to alert folks.

I sent western union...[sad]

I have the guys name number and his personal info, he's 22 and just a punk...obviously. I know he has a buell because I found his facebook page and there's a picture of it.

levi
06-26-2011, 02:38 PM
Wow man if you have his FB info, you're a lot closer to making this right than most people who get scammed are.

Start bugging his family.

This worked for me as a cop and it works for bounty hunters and what do you know... debt collectors too.

When the fourth or fifth member of his family or friends bugs him to shut you up, he'll have to do something.

He might think (quite erroneously), that he has some kind of internet anonymity. You should shake that feeling for him.

Just reverse engineer his friends list until you find his mom and dad or better yet his grandparents. Bug them VERY politely at first. You don't want them to all gang up on YOU.

He will contact you.
This has never failed me.

Best of luck to you First timer. I really hope you see some justice done here.

Levi

nilla
06-26-2011, 03:01 PM
ohhh, man. facebook really makes things personal.

Firstimer1969
06-26-2011, 03:19 PM
Yup I thought of all those things. I got the names of his parents, his sister and probable most of his extended family, where he works, what school he went too, etc.

I don't care about the money god knows I've pissed away more than 100 in my life. This muffler was going to be sent to Randy for him to work his magic. When I told him that I was scammed he offered to help anyway possible. A genuine good person....I'm pretty motivated to make this losers life really irritating.

konarider94
06-26-2011, 04:23 PM
how long has it been since you paid him?

Firstimer1969
06-26-2011, 05:24 PM
I sent the money last Saturday afternoon, just over 7 days ago...i got a message Monday that he would be sending it Tuesday..hasn't answered an email or phone call since. I used another email and sent a message to his CL ad on Friday, he responded right away and said that he still has the muffler for sale...That confirmed he had no intention of sending it to me.

nilla
06-26-2011, 06:10 PM
what a D-bag

netty2424
06-26-2011, 07:31 PM
I sent the money last Saturday afternoon, just over 7 days ago...i got a message Monday that he would be sending it Tuesday..hasn't answered an email or phone call since. I used another email and sent a message to his CL ad on Friday, he responded right away and said that he still has the muffler for sale...That confirmed he had no intention of sending it to me.

Did he sign for it at western union? If so, there's a paper trail. Couldn't you call his local authorities? Its just the principle of it at this point.