PDA

View Full Version : Issue with turn signals

Letcher77
06-27-2011, 09:07 AM
Alright so I recently bought an 04 Firebolt and I am having issues with the turn signals working. They were working fine when I first took the bike for a ride. Then about 10 min into the ride the whole speedo and gauge cluster stopped working. So I pulled over and check the fuse, sure enough it was blown. So I went over to checker and got another one started it up and within 30 sec it blew again. So I put a 15amp fuse in there and so far its held up. My speedo and gauge cluster works but no turn signals. I've checked the wiring and everything looks good. So my thought it the flasher...so when I went to take the old one out I saw that it was not bolted down to the bike. Could that metal bracket off of the flasher be some sort of ground and maybe thats why. Any thoughts?

uly luigi
06-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Nope, the flasher doesn't ground thru the mount, check the Big ass grounding lug on the frame at the stem, it has 4-6 ground wires connected to it, when my turn signals on my '08 XT act up that is the 1st place I check

Letcher77
06-27-2011, 09:16 AM
You'll have to forgive me I am more of a car guy not a motorcycle guy, but where is the stem?

uly luigi
06-27-2011, 09:22 AM
The steering stem, right behind the headlights

Letcher77
06-27-2011, 09:26 AM
Cool thanks for the help. I'll check that tonight. I'm still learning about the bike. Kinda confusing at first.

uly luigi
06-27-2011, 09:32 AM
No problem, we have all been there before, if you run across something that is confusing, or just doesn't seem right, post up here and someone has probly seen it before, and is happy to help, good luck and ride safe