PDA

View Full Version : Buell XB explosion!

buellxb
03-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Thanks to everyone for helping this Buell forum blow up! These are a few things that can help build the Buell XB community.

Bookmark this site or add it to your favorites.

Use good spelling and grammar whenever possible. Good spelling will help us all by making the search function more effective. Imagine trying to find something and either not getting results or having to guess the misspellings?![confused]

Visit other motorcycle forums and let them know how cool Buell motorcycles are. I found that lots of riders don't know anything about Buells.

Thanks again, and enjoy the Summer riding season to come! [cool] [up]

azsnow
03-17-2007, 11:18 PM
See right there, the last sentence is what the rest of the country has over those of us in Arizona. The only time I ride in the summer is at night!

buellxb
03-17-2007, 11:29 PM
When I use to have my Honda CBR I would ride during the hottest days of the summer with no shirt and only a pair of sunglasses on my head. It was in no way safe, but it felt so good. I have noticed that my leg gets way hotter when I ride my Buell as compared to my old Honda CBR 600 F4.

07xb12r
03-17-2007, 11:52 PM
I used to live in Parker, and Lake Havasu, Az. The only transportation I owned was a motorcycle. Now I live in Illinois and I ride everyday I can that there is no snow or ice on the ground. Today was 33 degrees, dry, and yes I rode. P.S. I'm a very young and slightly crazy 47 year old.

2Evil4U
03-18-2007, 04:05 PM
I do the same thing down here in LA. I'm from CT originally so if it's not raining, I'm riding. The rest of the bikers at work think I'm nuts for riding when its below 60.

07xb12rblack
03-20-2007, 04:33 AM
buellxb, any chance that you could make a chat in this room when registered users are online?

buellxb
03-22-2007, 12:14 AM
Are you talking about an instant messenger system? This would be cool, but this community grows because it can be found on Google for terms like Buell XB, Buell Parts, Buell Motorcycles, Buell forums, and even just Buell. We rank well because of the content that is created by members chatting on the forum. If I were to add a live chat feature then the discussion would not be saved and Google wouldn't give us credit for the Buell motorcycle related content. Buell fans all over the world can search for problems, parts, and other information that users like you share. I would say for now you could start a thread for people to share their AOL IM handles, mIRC handles, MSN messenger handles, Yahoo messenger, etc. That would help you get connected live with other Buell riders. Thanks for the suggested improvement to Buellxb.com. I am extremely interested in adding features that would make this site better. Keep the ideas coming!

mezap
04-16-2007, 02:24 AM
How about rides? Any of you guys around Georgia? Specifically North Georgia? Would be up for a ride on the dragons tail or the cherohala. Also frequent Suches and Wolf pen gap. Great twisties there, similar to the Dragons tail only spaced out a bit more.

buellxb
02-21-2008, 03:06 AM
Just another reminder about spelling and grammar to everyone. Remember, this will help the search function work better. Thanks! :D

Pete Sillem
02-21-2008, 06:02 AM
You had me worried there buellxb. Thought you had news of an XB exploding and we'd all get recalls or something!

LeFox
02-21-2008, 07:32 AM
Thought you had news of an XB exploding and we'd all get recalls or something!
i'd rather have the recall than the other option...BOOM!:p

buellxb
02-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Ha, yeah. I thought the title would get some attention so that more members might actually check it out.

BuellPastor
02-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Got my attention - the explosion.

Oh how I miss riding in N GA! I live in Central Florida and while I love it here, its flat and humid. Today its 85 with almost 80% humidity. In February!

07xb12rblack - you are the man for riding like that! I love it. Keep it up.

Buells do throw some serious heat, but hey I ride all year round here, even in the summer (not as hot as AZ, but way more humid) with full gear. And I am not crazy, but a young 45.

badbandit12
02-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Hey mezap I am north of ATL I hit the mountains every chance I get. Hit me up whe you want to ride !!! badbandit12@comcast.net

hgray14
07-02-2008, 11:13 PM
How do you send a private message to someone here on the forum? I met another Buell XB rider the other day while riding and I know his handle on here but I can't seem to figure out how to post a message to him.

thanks
Houston

RHYNOXB9R
07-04-2008, 05:36 AM
Hey Houston,what's up? It's Ryan.Had a blast on the 101 going home,way cool to rip around with another Buell fan.Hit me up on my e-mail,www.rhynoracing@aol.com Look forward to hearing from you.:)

buellxb
07-04-2008, 08:01 AM
The new Private Message system should be complete within two weeks or less. It's a somewhat complicated custom programming job, but we ARE working on it at the moment. Thanks for your patience.

burnteyes
07-04-2008, 01:25 PM
That will be cool!! I just feel sorry for the moderators because I bet they will have a shoot load of messages

LeFox
07-04-2008, 04:51 PM
no they won't...

add a spam filter to that pm system, buellxb :D

XBear9S
09-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Le Fox.
Do you work???
I mean DAMN!!!
2469 posts and climing???

My hat's off to you buddy!

...and they say I never shut up!!! lol

Robtk! a.k.a. "LeFox's Biggest Fan" a.k.a. "Special K"

"PhotoBuellism, as a powerful medium of expression and communications, offers an infinite variety of perception, interpretation and execution."

--Ans2el Adams2

FIDOSOL
09-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Look at his rep points, how are we supposed to ever catch up with that? On the bright side, it proves that all his posts aren't just idle chatter but useful information of one sort or another.

BTW

LEFOX!!!

I've recently noticed a few posts disappear, thank you for being spam patrol, what are the requirements to become a Moderator?

BTW

BUELLXB!!!

Got any word on that custom PM program? We would love that if you've had the time...

XBear9S
09-29-2008, 04:43 PM
Well damn FIDSOL,
Don't know if we'll ever catch him,
'specially since I don't know nothin' 'bout nothin',
but I gave you two credits today...

Robtk! a.k.a. "Special K"

PS Maybe 3 before its all over...

"Some people will tell you that slow is good, and it may be, on some days...but I'm here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba..."

--HellBuelly Hunter T

FIDOSOL
09-29-2008, 07:29 PM
Hey Robtk I appreciate that, but remember this!

"Slow is smooth, Smooth is fast, Fast is Buell!"

Add that to your Quote list, those things are the ****!

buellxb
09-30-2008, 05:10 AM
I'm literally begging my programmer to finish the punch list for this forum. The PM is already 80% complete.

If you're interested in becoming a mod, feel free to shoot me an email and we'll talk about it. jeremyrde@yahoo.com

FIDOSOL
09-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Thanks, and I'll shoot a line your way sometime this evening. Have to orchestrate my thoughts.

xtremelow
04-22-2009, 06:50 AM
Buellxb, wondered what ever happened with the PM capabilities?

Stevenc150
04-22-2009, 01:49 PM
He's still working on it.

xtremelow
04-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Any updates on a release or is it up to your Programmer?

He needs to get off his ass asap.

Hope it is coming along.

Aa79912
06-08-2012, 02:38 PM
I was the guy that rode with a tank top ,bandana ,and 501 levis for 25 years....till last month when I was struck by a 19 year old doing 65 on the freeway..o swear IF I ever get back on two wheels rain or sun I am wearing full leathers ,gloves and a helmet"...just the leathers alone would have saved my body form the massive amount of road rash,and broken bones,
Not a preacher, just giving myself hope to one day ride again

Aa79912@gmail.com

ToneTheMoan
07-13-2015, 10:19 PM
And whats my grammar got to do with anything, she`s 90 and dont even ride a buell! ha ha ha :p

Pjf53
04-06-2016, 01:25 AM
I ride in Upstate NY and during the past 40 years have become an expert on cold weather riding. It's an absolute MUST if you want to squeeze out 7 months!

d_adams
04-06-2016, 11:57 AM
Holy necro-thread Batman!

njloco
05-09-2016, 12:39 AM
Only 7 months ?, just kidding, it's tough to ride when it's cold. I used to ride through the winter as long as there wasn't snow or ice and I wouldn't leave in the rain but I came home in it and snow plenty of times. Now, many years later, my hands are the only part of my body that gets cold but that's all it takes.