PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing Day

GatorBuell
07-03-2008, 08:53 PM
For the past few months my buddy says hes getting a Yamaha FZ1 and we are going to do some riding. He has pictures posted all over at work and looks threw the classifieds every week for a good deal on a FZ1. All my other buddies are now riding cruisers, Harley Road King, Yamaha Warrior, Suki Boulevard, ect. so Im excited that I will have some to hit the twisties with. So my buddy had yesterday off work and when we left work on Tuesday he said he was going to the Yamaha dealer to buy his new FZ (all excited). This morning he pulls into work on a new.............
can you guess......................................

A freaking HOnda VTX 1800, :(
so now im the only one left with a sport bike. What the Hell...... I fell like I got stood up on a date. The worst part is we are all still in our 30's and im not ready for a Grandpa bike yet.

Sorry, end of rant.

burnteyes
07-04-2008, 02:26 AM
just stab him. I would then drive to wv and ride with me

LeFox
07-04-2008, 10:33 AM
tag his bike with 'this is no fz1!!!' :p

they will regret their move when they see you do the twisties.

;)

Phrogg
07-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Wow.....LOL!!!!

I know how you feel there...

Get a buell sticker and slap it on his bike. Then there will be atleast one thing worth looking at on it.

buellxb
07-04-2008, 08:31 PM
That sucks! I bet one of the salesman tricked him or suckered him into making a rash decision. Maybe they cut him a deal? Maybe he got sucked in by all the chrome. Maybe some really hot girl was checking that bike out. If you find out, let us know why he made the last minute switch.

I bet it was the sound of the motor. He should have looked into a Buell. :D

GatorBuell
07-06-2008, 11:05 PM
Well I finally got the low down on why he got the VTX. His wife told him that she would never ride on a sport bike and did not want him getting another sport bike so his decision was based on the cost of child support (she said she would leave) + bike payment + insurance. So buying the VTX was about $1000 cheaper a month. So I asked him if that Honda came with a set of prosthetic balls.

switzomatic
07-07-2008, 02:46 AM
It's always easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission:D

mrdozer2you
07-07-2008, 02:22 PM
It's always easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission

[up][up]

GatorBuell
07-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Ha Ha, buyers remorse........

Well today he found out about his VTX and a Buell XB.
All day today he was talking up the bike and how glad he was he bought it. It already had the fuel management system and Vance and Hines drag pipes on it when he bought it. He tells me he rode it all weekend and the bike is just bad ass. Tells me that he can roll on the bike at 45-50mph and the bike will take off like a bat out of hell. In his words "nothing can touch that 1800" (so proud). So today leaving work my buddy on his VTX another friend on his Harley Road King and me where all riding together when we came up to the intersection of the 4 lane highway we all take home. The Road King was out front then the VTX and I was in the rear. The light turned green and we all pulled out on to the road. The Harley and the Honda had to swing wide into the left hand lane because, well you know, and I chopped the corner tight into the open right hand lane. Just as I pulled out I heard the those Vance and Hines open up and my buddy hunch down like he was about to take flight. The Harley had punched it a few seconds earlier and was pulling away. I wonder what he was thinking as I passed him like he was standing still only 15 yards in to his bad assness. I was in second gear and floating the front tire as he became a blur and disappeared behind me. Then I had to let out of it as I pulled up next to the Harley that was still in the throttle. I don't think they were expecting that and I can't wait until lunch break tomorrow :D.

Morel of the story........ A 1800cc motor is worthless when its pulling a 900lb land yacht.