PDA

View Full Version : Buell V.S. Triumph

GMAN
03-17-2007, 08:59 PM
I know that a Buell forum would not be the right place, but what advantages would have a bike over the other (I had only the luck of trying the Buell XB, but non Triumph speed triple, and numbers and design also makes me think...

Someone tried them both?

Whats the pros and contras?

Thanks in advance!

mrdozer2you
03-18-2007, 02:34 AM
Hmm... I was contemplating the same thing before I bought my Lightning. If I remember correctly the stats are similar between the two. I liked the fact that the fuel was in the frame on the Buell, this should eliminate some of the top heaviness usually found in sportbikes. I also liked the exhaust being located on the bottom. I ride with the misses alot and she has burned herself on my honda in the past. So I figued with the pipe on the bottom it would be impossible for that to happen. The only thing i'm not sure of is when riding on a hot day, is my left ankle gonna catch fire when sitting at stoplights? Is there a way to modify the exhaust exit to point down at the road instead of on my foot? Has anyone else been uncomfortable from this?

GMAN
03-18-2007, 09:05 AM
Ive heard this hot point before,and it gets quite hot here in spain,to i hope that this wont be a problem....

mrdozer2you
03-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Im sure nobody has ever been burned from the exhaust, there definitely would have been some sort of lawsuit and or recall. I guess I wont be wearing shorts and sandals on my short rides to the beach this summer:D. Ah well, probably not the smartest riding attire anyways.