PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop 208's Factory on the Buells....

BuellPartsGuy
10-30-2006, 10:38 PM
Word of the wise to all you guys out there. Ditch the 208's stock on the older Buells. They are hard and cause headstem shake in some models. Go with at least the new Pirelli Scorpions or better. You will notice a handling difference ten fold. I work for a Buell dealer here in AZ and have rode quite a few Buells with different tires on them, and the Dunlop 208's are junk in comparision. Depending or your riding habits, I would recommend ones like, Metzeler Sportec M-1's or M-3's, Michelin Pilot Powers, Michelin Pilot Sport HPX's or any of the Pirreli Diablo line.

azsnow
11-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Where in AZ are you? I am in Phoenix, and don't know of any good Buell dealerships here.

buellxb
11-08-2006, 06:08 PM
I second that concern. I'm in Indiana and there are soo many Harley dealers but only one that services Buells. I have a Harley dealer ten minutes away and they couldn't reset the TPS on my Buell XB because they were too cheap to buy the $600 chip for thier computer. I even offered to pay for it if they would give me a 10% discount on future service for a year or so. [down]

BuellPartsGuy
11-08-2006, 06:33 PM
I am in Glendale/Peoria area and I work at a dealership in Peoria.

Yeah it sucks not all dealers down here service Buells also. And if they don't sell them, 9 times outta 10 they dont service them either. Makes stuff harder for us Buell riders but if one of you guys aren't very close to one, let me know I can hook you up with some parts or whatever and ship them to your doorstep. We can figure out some way to get you what you need.

azsnow
11-11-2006, 03:39 PM
I don't shop at Arrowhead, I worked at Hacienda for awhile, during the time I was wasting money at MMI, (Spend $20,000 for an education and get $11 an hour) and still have hookups there. I do all my own work, so don't need to get hammered by the stealer. There are only 3 dealerships here that service Buells, and none of them are worth a ****.

aircub
11-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Hey BuellPartsGuy, what was the best tires that you liked on a XB. I hate metzlers. They seem to work ok new but a year later they turn into junk.

BuellPartsGuy
11-11-2006, 09:00 PM
The ones I liked the most were either of the Michelin Pilots, the Pilot Powers or the Pilot Sport HPX's. They are the softest ones and handled the best, but the mileage of the tires aren't as great in comparision to others on the market.

fearnoroad
01-31-2007, 08:30 PM
has anyone ever tried the conti road attack on a buell,ive heard good reports on the tyres but never tried them myself

BuellPartsGuy
01-31-2007, 08:42 PM
I just put a set of Metzeler Sportec M-1's on my bike and love them. Hot or cold they really perform in comparison to most higher priced tires.