PDA

View Full Version : New windscreen & adjustable bracket for Ulysses

mpcycledesign
07-07-2008, 06:40 PM
MP Cycle Design and Madstad are looking for some Ulysses owners in the San Diego area that would like to test a new adjustable bracket and windscreen for the Ulysses. MP and Madstad have a very successful customer base for a similar set-up for Vstrom owners(www.mpcycledesign.com & www.madstad.com). MP Cycle is located in San Marcos California. As soon as development is complete - we would both offer you a production screen and bracket at no cost. We would like to start marketing these in 30 days. Interested riders in the San Diego area can contact Paul from MP Cycle Design at paulsassandiego@aol.com - or call 858-232-8187. Thanks!

kiwibuellrider
12-01-2010, 03:34 PM
I fitted a madstad 22" adventure screen system to my 06 ulysses and it is magic - no wind buff and makes touring a pleasure.It is very well engineered and easy to fit -would highly recommend .

steve92106
06-08-2011, 05:01 PM
anybody try the 20" Spyder version of the Madstad screen for the Ulysses? the Adventure screen seems to work well but the Spyder looks trimmer to me and I wonder if it works as well. Gotta do something, at 80+ mph, and especially when following a truck or bus, the buffeting is really strong.

smokey3644
06-09-2011, 05:21 PM
I have the Madstad robo brackets with the 18" adventure screen, I think the 22" would be a better touring option, I've been thinking of making the switch. The Robo brackets are great and very easy to adjust.

steve92106
03-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Madstad now will only sell their windscreen with a new aluminum flyshield and the brackets. That's 'cuz the original plastic flyscreen was too flexible and the brackets were shaking the whole lashup like a birch tree in a thunderstorm. Total cost is now $306. I installed the 22" Adventure Screen, brackets and flyscreen a couple of weeks ago. Instllation was simple and the quality of the pieces was excellent as evidenced by the flawless alignment of all the predrilled holes. But I was very disappointed with the flapping, rattling noise generated at idle when the shield vibrates against plastic cushions on the face of the equallyflexing,vibrating brackets. I'm going to try some soft neoprene between the bracket cusions and the windshield to see if that deadens the sound.

The windstream is definitely smoother around my helmet but I didn't mind the helmet buffeting half as much as I hate the embarassing and annoying racket. I may return the whole setup under the money back guarantee. Or, I might try the smaller, stock windshield with the brackets and flyscreen.