PDA

View Full Version : Any Alarm Suggestions ?

mjp5318
07-17-2011, 09:59 AM
:p Hey everyone thought this might be a interesting topic , any alarm suggestions ? I want to get one on my bike but honestly I cant tell whats a good alarm and a crappy one ? Any Ideas or suggestions please reply , any experience with any of them , I would like to know .. thanks a bunch ..

mike

Iamarchangel
07-17-2011, 01:02 PM
It's been discussed before.

My take, if I'm going to be out of earshot, which would be most of the time, then it's a waste of time and money. Nobody else will pay attention.

skyroket
07-17-2011, 05:37 PM
The prev owner of mine put an alarm in. I took it out because I never used it, and I would actually set it off with the remote in my pocket a couple times.

My best security practice is to park it where you can see it, and don't be a target for theft to begin with. You can't avoid everything, but driving nicely and not pissing people off is something I try to maintain.

Sorry I didn't address your issue or provide suggestions - just wanted to share my take on motorcycle alarms.

n0ctrnlr3d
07-17-2011, 06:26 PM
I've got a ZENA XX6Yellow ready to sell if needed.
60 Shipped CONUS.

http://www.xenasecurity.com/product/motorbikes/alarm/XXSeries/XX6Yellow/page1/

McMurphy
07-17-2011, 08:44 PM
I've got a Xena too, don't recall what model at the moment. I only really use it at home, along with chaining the bike to a bolt I anchored into the curb.

For out and about, I just lock the forks, park in view of a security camera, and count on my insurance incase it's stolen. If someone wants your bike...not much you can do. They'll take it.