PDA

View Full Version : Turn signal is buzzzzing....

hgray14
07-09-2008, 01:23 AM
2003 XB9S (why isn't this model listed as being included in any of the forums?)

When I turn my right turn signal on the light on the dash stays solid and it makes a buzzing noise (which I can't hear while I am driving but when I was sitting still with the engine off I could hear). Is this the turn signal relay and if so will this item fix the problem? (http://tinyurl.com/6z5btt)

thanks
Houston

FIDOSOL
07-09-2008, 01:48 AM
no real clue about the turn signal other than what you said, the relay. but the xb9s is included in the forum you're in....but like you said, not listed...hope someone can help you fix your problem. Does the turn signal still work? Also, talk to BuellPartsGuy if you want to know if that part will fix your problem.....you can find his own personal forums there------> http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Buell-Parts-Guy-Questions-and-Answers

hope i've helped in some way, and good luck

LeFox
07-09-2008, 09:00 AM
2003 XB9S (why isn't this model listed as being included in any of the forums?)
cityX, no? :o

the buzzing is indeed the relay and could just point at a bad connection.
i would check if it's properly fitted and see if it gets warm when your turnlight is on for a while.
when both of these things are ok, i wouldn't worry about it.

mrdozer2you
07-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Did you put on aftermarket LED signals?

His_and_Her_Buells
07-09-2008, 07:59 PM
I had this problem when I installed new non-LED aftermarket turnsignals. It would only happen when 1 particular signal was hooked up. That signal did not light up even when connected directly to 12 volts. I took it back and they replaced the bulb. A burnt burnt bulb shouldn't cause this but a shorted socket or bulb base might.
Unhook your right signals one at a time to see which one it is. After you isolate it check for continuity. If you have continuity then hook directly to 12V. If it doesn't come on or is extremely dim than there is a short in the wires, socket or bulb base. Take the bulb out and make sure you no longer have continuity, if there is continuity w/o a bulb you have shorted wires or socket. If there is no continuity than try replacing the bulb.
Not positive this is going to do it for you but it's a good way to diagnose a problem with a particular turn signal.

mrdozer2you
07-10-2008, 12:15 PM
If the relay were out than neither side would work.