PDA

View Full Version : rank and rep points

mrlogix
07-20-2011, 06:12 PM
okay, I'm new to the forum so I hope that I don't end up in the stupid question corner of the forum. Who came up with the military ranks for the forum? An administrator? Which branch of prior service? what's with the rep points? Just wondering as my tech questions get replied to, so I know who how to take the answers. Never joined a forum before,so be easy, I'm learning:)

netty2424
07-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Usually under 5 rep points is the best [smirk]

mrlogix
07-20-2011, 06:16 PM
what do the rep points equate to?

theoctopus
07-20-2011, 06:30 PM
$5 a piece.

mrlogix
07-20-2011, 06:41 PM
hahaha. lmfao;)

Loki
07-20-2011, 08:36 PM
Rep points are just the best way to tell if a forum member is helpful in some way or not, or is liked by everyone. For instance if you post a DIY (do it yourself) and someone finds it helpful and useful they can give you a rep point. Or if someone answers your question in a great way you can do it for that. Look at it as a way to give your respect to another member.

dmp0001
07-20-2011, 08:40 PM
I just wish I could get rank this fast in the National Guard! Colonel in like three years, that would be awesome.

Alfatango1
07-20-2011, 11:12 PM
what do the rep points equate to? Ones who get laid the most by hot ass models of the opposite sex. Unless you're a moderator! Those guys will bang anything :D

onelogue
07-20-2011, 11:20 PM
^^^ lol and just like that he has earned a rep point :) [up]

mrlogix
07-21-2011, 08:53 AM
Ones who get laid the most by hot ass models of the opposite sex. Unless you're a moderator! Those guys will bang anything

so your saying that since I have low moral standards that when I grow up I can become a moderator! oooohh!

mrlogix
07-21-2011, 08:58 AM
I just wish I could get rank this fast in the National Guard

dmp0001: how long you been in the Guard? I'm located in the Mid-West and can't help but think about what they are going through in Iraq and Afganistan right now. I remember having to wear a MOPP suit for NBC training in the summer. Have you had to pull any rotations over there so far. Being prior service I have nothing but the upmost respect for our Men and Women overseas right now. They deserve some serious rep points. oohrah!

aaronbuell
07-21-2011, 09:05 AM
so your saying that since I have low moral standards that when I grow up I can become a moderator! oooohh!

Your going to fit right in with this group[cool]

mrlogix
07-21-2011, 09:09 AM
thanks, feel at home already. Was nervous about joining a forum, I don't do any kind of social networking (facebook, myspace, etc.,etc.). I've been reading a lot of the older posts. Sounds like a good group of people.

RuiP
07-21-2011, 09:29 AM
can someone give me a rep point? :(

mrlogix
07-21-2011, 09:55 AM
nobody has told me how to give them yet. Sorry

Stevenc150
07-21-2011, 09:56 AM
Never joined a forum before,so be easy, I'm learning. Welcome to the Madness. Take nothing to heart and you'll be fine.

Unless you're a moderator! Those guys will bang anything!NOT TRUE!.....no Harleys.

can someone give me a rep point?Happy Birthday [up]

nobody has told me how to give them yet. Sorry Click the thumb up (add rep.) or thumb down (minus rep.) that's on the RH side of the black bar above their screen name.

BuddhaBuell
07-21-2011, 10:04 AM
NOT TRUE!.....no Harleys.
+1
:D

mrlogix
07-21-2011, 10:07 AM
not even a Harley with a bag over it's head?

50dro
07-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Well...Welcome to the forum! What do you ride? Pics or did I miss that on another thread? Welcome regardless!

5-0dro
http://www.5-0dro.com

xtremelow
07-21-2011, 10:40 AM
A note to be made is the thumbs down has been abused in the past and actions were taken to resolve it. So unless someone posts a response that is just straight up douche baggish or informs someone of something that can be life threatening there really is Jo need to give anyone a tgumbs down. Along with a thumbs down it would be nice to also give a response yourself so those getting a thumbs down know what to correct from their prior actions rather than just wonder why my rep points are getting shot down as ones opinion is just that ones opinion and may seem perfectly fine to themselves.

As for the rank not sure why buellxb the forum owner choose that system but he did. Also next to the rank is a [?] icon if you click on it you can see what each step is to the next rank in the count system

Otherwise welcome to the forum, use us all you want, and enjoy
:D

mrlogix
07-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Thanks and no bike now, sold my Ninja last year. Kids all grown (but not moved out yet...)looking to pick up a 1125R/CR next spring/summer. No pics, camera lense cracks everytime it's pointed towards me....I've seen ads in the sidebar and posts with parts I am assuming your manufacturing. I've got a thread posted about general tech, interested in joining the fun.

50dro
07-21-2011, 10:47 AM
Yep!! That's me! Look me up once you get your 1125 if you want some axle sliders! Good luck with your bike shopping! You'll enjoy it here. It's pretty laid back and most people are really cool and helpful...