PDA

View Full Version : Computer issue

mezzavo
07-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Has anyone had this problem? It seems that after a day or two of having the dealer set the idle my computer "appears" to be losing that setting. I've had the dealer set it twice now and I am fine for a couple days then it just goes.

When starting it idles a few seconds then dies. When cold...if I give it juice and then head out in first gear I get a lunging. All that goes away when the dealer re-sets the idle. Anyone have a similar issue of the setting just...disappearing? Thanks!

uly luigi
07-28-2011, 01:53 PM
TPS going out maybe, any other indications, CEL, other running issues? Might be IAT also.

mezzavo
07-28-2011, 03:58 PM
No other running issues other than that one. Thoughts??

uly luigi
07-28-2011, 04:11 PM
1ST thought is a bad spot on tps, the tps is basically a variable resistor, or, are you unconciously giving it a slight twist of throttle while trying to crank? that can throw off the TPS reset on 08+ models?

mezzavo
07-29-2011, 10:48 AM
I thought of that and kept my hand completely off the throttle...still an issue. When you say a bad spot on the tps...what do you mean? Also, this is a relatively new development. Bike has over 25,000 miles on it and this wasn't a problem until I took it into the 2nd shop. It went in fine and came out crap and now it's crap over and over again.

danair
08-17-2011, 06:37 PM
When doing a pps reset I got the same symptoms. Followed the procedure except I didn't hold slight pressure closed throttle position. Did it again with pressure and it made a world of difference.

oisterska
08-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Check for a crack in your ECM. My seat was rubbing on the connectors, which put pressure on the case of the ecm and cracked it. There was a crack along the top edge where the connector hits the housing. Replacing it (and modding my seat/adding a spacer) has helped with my similar issue. If there are rub-marks on the connector, look carefully