PDA

View Full Version : air box delete kit

blackxb12r
07-12-2008, 11:05 PM
whats the best way to let the ecm relmap without going to the dealer after doing this mod from american sportbike???

CoastieRider
07-13-2008, 12:07 AM
you dont really need to remap it after doing the airbox delete kit, i dont think it will affect your performance enough, but if you want to get the dobeck power commander from americansportbike.com, you can. plus it will help when you gwt a new exhaust.

His_and_Her_Buells
07-13-2008, 02:48 AM
If you also have an aftermarket exhaust you should definately remap. You will be running too lean if you are using a stock ecm. The best way to do it w/o a dealer or dyno time is with ecmspy and datalogging with wideband o2 sensor.

LeFox
07-13-2008, 07:43 AM
you dont really need to remap it after doing the airbox delete kit, i dont think it will affect your performance enough,
getting more air is is certainly a reason to have the ecm remapped.
the bike runs lean from factory, so if you get more air in, it will deffinatly be running lean to a point that engine damage is inevitable.

remap of the ecm is for egine health, the perfomance is an extra ;)

FIDOSOL
07-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Anytime that you change how much Air/Fuel that's going into your engine you need to remap, if you don't you're asking for trouble...better safe than sorry.

blackxb12r
07-13-2008, 09:47 PM
thanks for the info, i forgot to mention that i already have the buell race muffler and race ecm. would i still need to do anything extra??

LeFox
07-14-2008, 09:02 AM
nope, unless you want to improve even more and remap your ecm ;)

blackxb12r
07-17-2008, 01:52 AM
man this thing is loud now, was not expecting that out of the mod.