PDA

View Full Version : have to clutch the bike to start?

phrigia
07-30-2011, 01:23 AM
so today I had to clutch the bike in nutral to start it, and with the stand down it would die if I let out the clutch. It has never done this before. if I turn the key on and the kill switch to run in nutral it used to prime the fuelpump and would be ready to start but now it dosent make a sound untill I clutch it. Anyone know what would cause this?

McMurphy
07-30-2011, 01:50 AM
Maybe an issue with the side stand sensor??

Don't really know much, but imagine that could effect it some.

Rays
07-30-2011, 01:56 AM
Does the neutral light work? If so is it nice and bright? Have you been playing in the fusebox lately?

This could be the neutral switch gone bad or the diode that isolates the clutch switch from the neutral light could be inserted backwards.

If the neutral switch is bad then the condition of the instrument light will give a good clue.

If it is the diode in backwards, you would see the neutral light come on if you are in gear and you pull the clutch in.

The diode is in fuse-sized package with a symbol on the top similar to this ' ->|-'.

If you have a one of the models with a sidestand interlock then I think there are two diodes - not sure of the layout with those but I'm sure someone here will know.

phrigia
07-30-2011, 02:57 AM
Ill look when I get home from work thanks for the info

Iamarchangel
07-30-2011, 08:19 AM
There's a link to the manual at the top of this page.

This is in section 7 under interlock. It gives you a number of steps to follow.