PDA

View Full Version : Cycle world names 1190RS best sportbike

mirkvid
08-04-2011, 01:01 PM
(Sorry if old)

http://www.cycleworld.com/motorcycle_roadtest/ten_best_bikes_2011/best_superbike_ebr_1190rs

Pretty cool for Erik and the team! I really want to check this bike out, I think it'll feel like a nice mix of my XB9 and RSV4 (great handling and amazing power)!

gtp3800
08-04-2011, 02:15 PM
[up]

ATFIII
08-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Great work Erik. You deserve every bit of recognition you get![up][up][up]

christianmb
08-16-2011, 12:54 PM
[up]

I can't wait to see one in the flesh (or carbon as it is)

Lesley
08-17-2011, 04:11 AM
Sorry to bust your bubble but that article says "SUPERbike"
Big difference there when it comes to a down payment.

And yeah good luck selling them $40k bikes there EB :D

ArmyMP09
08-17-2011, 08:05 AM
Its a statement bike. At 40k yes they won't sell that well although its a limit production just looks at the super corsa ducati's at 30k. So 40k for a limited production all carbon isn't that given some we'll probably never see a bike again sporting that much amount of carbon fiber.

Lesley
08-17-2011, 08:51 AM
carbon bike is 44K, reg racebike is 40k.
He'll either be selling components only in a few years or he'll be out of business and retired. Thats what I predict. [up]

Alfatango1
08-17-2011, 09:06 AM
He is only making 100 of these until he gets the street version up. This creates interest in the more affordable models that are coming. From what I hear about half are already sold.

onelogue
08-17-2011, 09:12 AM
And yeah good luck selling them $40k bikes there EB :D
Many people out there that have big money. 40k is nothing to many of my neighbors.... If they can spend 300k just to have the most bad ass car (lambo) then they would easily drop 40k for the most bad ass bike.

Lesley
08-17-2011, 09:38 AM
Many people out there that have big moneyso does that mean he is already sold out of the "limited" production run? Is that what you're saying? Or are you just trying to let us all know how much money you make?
well I just checked and he ain't sold out yet (no surprise there) so I am guessing you are just wanting to toot your horn.
carry on there big money:D

Kuntreeboy
08-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Lesley did Erik personally pee on your shoes or something? This was a kuddo's to someone who has built there own company and provided the motorcycles we all love? Dont wanna sound Disneyish but theres no reason to attack other members or EB for no reason? But yeah if I had 40K lying round I'd be in!! But Uncle Sam wont give me a raise!! Already asked!!!

Lesley
08-17-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm not attacking anyone. Not sure what makes you think I am. I do speak the truth though. I doubt you'd spend 40K on a bike when you seem to be in the same boat as most of us (working class wages) but if you are serious about spending 40k on a bike if you had it,then you're either not too wise or under 30 years old.
Me stating that the article says exactly what I said it did is not attacking anyone.
Once again if it wasn't WAY overpriced and w/o a market then EB would be sold out of those bikes. Like it or not but thats a fact.

7Mary3
08-17-2011, 10:26 AM
[up][up][up][up]

Kuntreeboy
08-17-2011, 10:37 AM
I was talking bout onelogue but yeah I am working class (13 years mlitary and other) but If i had 40k that I wasnt using and had it to play with I would buy a limited edition Buell (I wouldnt mortgage the house or take a loan out for it) but I like he's doing it on his own and not one of the "Big" Companies!! I am wise and over 30 barely but I dont think cause someone says they have rich neighbors it means there flaunting there money! I agree if he doesnt make bikes we all can afford he wont make it but thats his deal and not mine

Alfatango1
08-17-2011, 11:12 AM
but if you are serious about spending 40k on a bike if you had it,then you're either not too wise or under 30 years old. What are you talking about? Many people don't start making money until after 30 and that's when they start buying the things they've always wanted but couldn't afford. It doesn't mean you're not wise it means you now have the means.

onelogue
08-17-2011, 11:52 AM
Hey im only 22 haha. The XB is my money range.... However my parents and their neighbors have $$$. My dad spent $37 on his Harley Ultra Classic. My neighbor has a Desmosedici rr and he paid cash for it. The guy hardly rides the bike, but he has it just to have it. (status). Cant imagine it being hard for 100 people forking out the money just for status.
"I own one of the 100 first 1190RS Buells" Now that status haha

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/3100_20110427182707_L.jpg

Alfatango1
08-17-2011, 12:15 PM
Cant imagine it being hard for 100 people forking out the money just for status.
"I own one of the 100 first 1190RS Buells" Now that status haha So true, I'm into vintage car racing and there are a lot of people with supercars who have never gone above 90 MPH. It drives me nuts when I see a $250,000 Ferrari that's never been revved, never been driven etc. Goes with bikes too but it's their money so they can do as they please. Erik will sell all 100 of these bikes.

GOduc
08-17-2011, 01:53 PM
No market?! Wow !! Where have you been!? Living under a rock. my dads friends, has a home worth 7 million and is a buell fan. When I showed him the articles on the 1190 he went nuts. Called ebr directly and was told all 100 carbon editions were SOLD and they would not make him one upon request. 44000 for the carbon edition 100 of them. Do the math. Erik buell is doing just fine. I don't think you get your company established by making a subpar streetbike with a couple of flaws. You have to show the world what you are capable of. And I think that's exactly what he's doing. You could also buy the 1190's competition - the desmosedici for twice the amount of the 1190. So look at what he's done there. Made a bike to run with the sedici for half the price. Although times may be tough for some people, don't kid yourself there's plenty of millionaire's out there getting bored. My dads friend, the same guy paid cash for a zr1 Corvette just last week. If you think he's having trouble selling his masterpiece after he was named motorcyclist of the year and his bike was named motorcycle of the year, you must be pretty dam gullable, or have a personal vengeance against the man.

GOduc
08-17-2011, 02:15 PM
so does that mean he is already sold out of the "limited" production run? Is that what you're saying? Or are you just trying to let us all know how much money you make?
well I just checked and he ain't sold out yet (no surprise there) so I am guessing you are just wanting to toot your horn.
carry on there big money

YES I have direct confirmation THAT ALL 100 ERIK BUELL RACING 1190 RS CARBON EDITIONS HAVE BEEN SOLD, CRATED, AND DELIVERED TO THEIR OWNERS

Buell_Cru
08-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Think of it as an investment with a gift. There are plenty of business owners out there that are fellow motorcyclist and want to see EB come back with full force and succeed. They buy his bike and EB has some of the income he needs to start rocking the production of the "affordable" street models while the guys buying them walk away with an exclusive model that will most like hold or slightly gain value over time.

CBi
08-17-2011, 04:32 PM
YES I have direct confirmation THAT ALL 100 ERIK BUELL RACING 1190 RS CARBON EDITIONS HAVE BEEN SOLD, CRATED, AND DELIVERED TO THEIR OWNERS

So the 1190 in Lebanon, PA is sold?

oh9bolt
08-17-2011, 04:34 PM
Yes it was sold to Joe White at Whites Harley

oh9bolt
08-17-2011, 04:35 PM
I was told if It didn't sell this week he was keeping it

CBi
08-17-2011, 04:38 PM
Ah...so he bought it and was/is reselling it.

If we didn't have such ****ty weather lately, I'd love to ride up there and take a look at her.

oh9bolt
08-17-2011, 04:38 PM
[up]

GOduc
08-17-2011, 05:16 PM
So the 1190 in Lebanon, PA is sold?

i said

SOLD, CRATED, AND DELIVERED TO THEIR OWNERS

so it was sold to the dealership in lebanon, crated, and delivered to the owner in lebanon

[up]:)

victormonopoly
08-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Think of it as an investment with a gift. There are plenty of business owners out there that are fellow motorcyclist and want to see EB come back with full force and succeed. They buy his bike and EB has some of the income he needs to start rocking the production of the "affordable" street models while the guys buying them walk away with an exclusive model that will most like hold or slightly gain value over time.

This. [up]

oh9bolt
08-17-2011, 06:42 PM
CBi - I went last week it was worth the trip I live in Leesburg VA 130 miles away.

Jezuz
10-02-2011, 04:39 AM
You could also buy the 1190's competition - the desmosedici for twice the amount of the 1190.
The Desmosedici is a GP race bike, the 1190 is a superbike, it's different. GP for bikes is what Formula-1 is for cars, the race bike made over 240bhp at the rear wheel, tuned down to 200 for reliability reasons (at GP then can change motors quite often). Superbikes are like the Lambos and McLarens of the car world, and the 1190 is amongst the best of them. What I don't want to see EBR turn into is an American Bimota (great bikes, exclusive prices, about to go bust any moment), I would like to see them make road bikes at sensible prices again.

Alfatango1
10-02-2011, 07:24 AM
What I don't want to see EBR turn into is an American Bimota (great bikes, exclusive prices, about to go bust any moment), I would like to see them make road bikes at sensible prices again. That's what we are all hoping for, the positive press can be nothing but good but the economy may keep potential investors at bay too long.