PDA

View Full Version : Brake wave rotors?

RHYNOXB9R
07-15-2008, 01:26 AM
Winter isn't all to far away,going to do some mods while it's wet outside.Has anyone switched over to the Brake Wave rotors? I would like to improve the brakes a bit and was interested in the wave's. Mainly the front.Will also put on some EBC race pads.Any feed back on the rotors? Worth the money or not?[confused]

LeFox
07-15-2008, 09:13 AM
yep...better cooling = better braking + it's a nice view.

i'm wearing out my current rotor first though :p

dans03firebolt
07-15-2008, 12:25 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I was also thinking of mounting the new 8 piston caliper that is on the 1125r on my 9R. I am sure you can do it I think they use the same fork setup.

twisted
05-22-2010, 01:28 AM
[confused] Just got a galfer wave rotor, has anybody reused hardware from original rotor? I know dealer said to buy new ones, I'm sure someone is like me and doesn't believe them and reuse them.

TACPBuell
05-22-2010, 01:52 PM
I just put mine on this past week and I definitely noticed better braking! Almost did a stoppie the first time a pulled on them because my old pads and rotor were getting pretty worn.. took a little getting used to but theyre great. Also I bought new hardware for mine too... They were a pain to get off... expecially the rear and I stripped a couple bolts... so you may want to invest in new bolts just in case.

Baal
08-14-2010, 08:22 PM
I know this is an old thread, but thanks for the heads up on the fasteners. Hard to get off as in tight, factory locktite, or what?