PDA

View Full Version : "Back Rest" and Jardine

Drazko
07-15-2008, 02:45 AM
I just purchased a used '03 xb9s and absolutely love it. The only problem is when my wife rides it with me I feel timid on the throttle because I feel as though I could throw her off, or at least she will drag me off. Does anyone know of any aftermarket/mod to put a butt stopper off the back. Just something that will keep her from sliding off when I hit the throttle. P.S. I also purchased the Jardine slip on exhaust with K&N filter? Will this just require a TPS reset or do I actually have to get the bike's ECM remapped. The dealer said I just need a TPS reset, but after reading the forums I am confused. I'm new to motorcycles and your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any input!

His_and_Her_Buells
07-15-2008, 07:27 AM
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum. You should be able to find all of the answers to your questions here.

With the Jardine and a K&N I would definately get a remap or the race ecm. That's a lot of extra air flowing through the engine.

As far as the back rest goes, I can't really help you there, I've never seen one available.

LeFox
07-15-2008, 10:06 AM
there's an anti-slip cover for the passenger end of the seat...as far as that would help. (ebay item: 300241783102)

remap or race ecm is recommended to avoid engine damage.

;)

His_and_Her_Buells
07-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Corbin has one for the Ss but not the S. You could always swap out the tail section for that of the Ss if you wanted to go to that extreme.