PDA

View Full Version : What kind of airbox cover is this?

RuskiBuell
07-15-2008, 07:20 PM
In the "true clip-ons" thread Le Fox posted some pictures. On that bike the airbox cover has 2 scoops? Where can I get one !?

LeFox
07-15-2008, 08:54 PM
would have been easier to link that topic or post this question there :p

but you're refering to sin's airbox-cover

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/83_20080405072716_L.jpg

well, i actually can't find it anymore...except for the carbon one, which my dealer has.

RuskiBuell
07-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Ah, well I'll prolly throw you an e-mail because most likely I'll get you to send that to me with the FAST kit.

LeFox
07-16-2008, 09:09 AM
otherwise do a search for 'sinpieces' and try and find out where he got his.
would be a waste to paint the carbon one which costs more that a normal fiberglass one ;)

sinpieces
07-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Hi guys.. i actually paid more for this cover than i would have done for the carbon version.
Why[confused]..?
1. I wanted it black painted.
2. It has larger air intakes than the carbon version.
3. The carbon sells without mesh grilles (so the holes leave gaps for road debris etc).
4. My bike is raked (from 21 - 23 degrees, adds 28 mm trail, 12 mm lowered fork legs, wheelbase 1345mm) so the top triple tree bolt would hit the "lip piece" (of the tank dummy), that is molded around the fuel intake hole. This cover is molded without the lip piece.
These are avaible from a few online dealers, quite costly when painted. See to it, that you get it with a good paint that suits glassfibre + a high quality clear coat (ask for predrilled attachment holes also). I have had one original cover painted and the paint cracked due to faulty paint.

Mcnasty
10-01-2008, 09:46 AM
I know this is an old post but Man am I diggin that air box! The bars are awsome too. But How do they feel?

Mcnasty
10-27-2008, 07:04 AM
Anyone? lol

LeFox
10-27-2008, 11:09 AM
do a search on sinpieces...he has several parts where this is described. ;)

or click his profile (http://www.buellxb.com/index.php?a=member&m=83) :o

str8jbt
11-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Lefox - "...except for the carbon one, which my dealer has." do you have a link or some pics and a price on that?

LeFox
11-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Lefox - "...except for the carbon one, which my dealer has." do you have a link or some pics and a price on that?
click (http://www.americanlifestyle.be/025/063.html)

for a quote, you'll have to email them directly ;)

str8jbt
11-04-2008, 09:50 PM
thanks

sinpieces
11-06-2008, 07:22 AM
Look (google away) for DCC glassfibre factory.
Stefan has some cool screens and this cover (pictured above) + some skull worked covers and screens. You'll will find kuryakin featured covers also. He is very good at english, and nice, so exports outside EU probably work great. I would order those products readily painted with clear coat.
Remember, Kuryakin cover, complete kits with flaps and K&N etc etc are not performing better than dual intake covers and F.A.S.T. kit. They will give you a cool look, resembling that of Wakan Roadster. For performance, F.A.S.T. kit and dual air intake is better. Fat-cat.eu sell F.A.S.T. kit and more.
I would also suggest some of you people, try the new tuneboy device. This is probably the better choice of fuel manipulators (for XB owners) at the market today.
Good luck, i hope some curious minded post us a nice pic of a new set up,... soon.