PDA

View Full Version : Calling Uly riders need advice

pmlsfo
08-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Hey Guys I bought a 2009 XB12XP with 2600 miles on it. Took it in to my local HD to have the 5K service done.A couple of days after it was done I noticed that it was leaking tranny fluid out of the lower clutch cover plate . I used the torx tool from the seat and lightly hand tightened the plate washed it and it stopped leaking. I wasn't sure how much fluid had leaked so I took it to HD to check fluid levels. ( I had a run to Seattle coming up) They tightened it...it leaked again. Took it back in with the torque specs and they changed the gasket and torqued it to spec yet it still leaks ever so slightly but I notice bleeding around the bottom of the plate. Anyone have any similar experience with this kind of issue? Any tricks? Now the local HD is talking about replacing the whole plate and its coming out of my pocket any advice would be greatly appreciated. It did not leak until I took it for the 5K Thanks:(

oisterska
08-09-2011, 07:52 PM
Google search:

leaking clutch cover (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Buell-Firebolt-XB12-XB9/Primary-Fluid-Change-Question)

hope this helps!