PDA

View Full Version : Need a Part Number Check

McMurphy
08-13-2011, 05:48 PM
Went down on my bike at low speed, and did some minor damage. Financially could only afford to order the stuff I felt needed to be done (headers, belt, right grip). Long story short, ordered the headers and hardware myself, and had them order the belt and right handlebar. Still waiting on them, which is the biggest pain in the ass but anyways...

Called to check status, and just wanted to double check the part number and make sure they did order the right piece, so if it's not I can order it myself and get it here in time.

Part they ordered is N0051.K which they have marked as Handle Grip. I'm understanding this includes the throttle tube itself.

Does this also include the right side handlebar? Because that's what I need as it has a bend at the base of it.

MotoX6
08-13-2011, 06:07 PM
I have been wondering if anyone knows if you can still buy factory buell grips. The same ones that come stock on my 03? Part number anyone? Sorry to jack thread some didnt wanna start a new one

Bossanova
08-13-2011, 08:09 PM
N0051.KThat is just the plastic throttle tube with a standard rubber grip installed (throttle side only). I see them from time to time on ebay for less than $10. The dealer should be able to still get this and the grips. I don't have my parts manuals with me so no help there. Some guys manage to get the LH grip off and save the stockers when they put other grips on- post up a wanted grips post.

Iamarchangel
08-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Parts manual pdf is at link at top of page.

That pdf fits in the iphone which works out well when ordering.

McMurphy
08-13-2011, 08:48 PM
Thanks

Ends up, despite my right handlebar being bent the dealer didn't order a replacement. Looks like I have an excuse to order more stuff from ASB.

And get beat by the wife when she balances the check book.:D

oh9bolt
08-14-2011, 04:50 PM
FYI just put the part number in on google or search engine you prefer and it comes up with multiple links for it.

Example (http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=N0051.K)

MotoX6
08-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Ya I just didn't know if we could still buy factory grips for the xb's. I got new air box trim yesterday and it had a date on the buell part box that said May of 2011. So I'm guessing that parts are still available or made

McMurphy
08-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Harley agreed to make parts for 7yrs. They just take their sweet time with shipping