PDA

View Full Version : Another doubt regarding tempreture...

GMAN
03-21-2007, 10:04 AM
Does the New Buell models XB12`s have any kind of temperature issues?

I really don't know a lot and cant ask anywhere/who else, here in Spain it gets quite hot at summer time, and i hope not to have any temperature issues (Cruz rising to high) or not ref-ridging proper the bike, any experience?

Kind regards,
GMAN

Hard Corps
03-22-2007, 09:30 AM
There are many bueller's that ride in Arizona, Nevada, and California that have had zero issues with heat. There is an aftermarket company that makes heat shields for under the air-box, and seat to keep the heat away from the rider.

I have never really heard of overheating issues with the XB line.

GMAN
03-22-2007, 09:34 AM
Thanks a lot, I'm just letting off my doubts, anyway I'm decided for my muscle baby!!!

2Evil4U
03-22-2007, 11:53 AM
I've ridden mine when it's very uncomfortable in my leathers, but the bike handled it fine. (Underside of your right leg will get a bit toasty, though.)

GMAN
03-22-2007, 01:36 PM
You guys should try out a R1 0`6 on a summer day in the city,with jeans on your leg gets rosted!:o

architech
05-27-2008, 01:30 AM
I also question the overheating on my 12s. Granted, I am new to the Buells, but i know on my previous bike (gsx-r) I would come close to overheating and this was with a fan and radiator - should i not be concerned about sitting in traffic in the summer? Pardon my ignorance, but it just doesn't feel right.

LeFox
05-27-2008, 07:05 AM
the buell is made to handle higher temperatures then a water cooled engine. and since oil doesn't boil as fast as water, it has a better cooling feature.

when in doubt, you can always buy a bigger oil-cooler but use a switch between that so you can open or close the circuit. ;)

ctrucky
05-27-2008, 10:54 AM
I have some friends who ride Harley's, and they put a fuel management system(race tuner in our case) and better breathing pipes than stock. This allowed for more fuel through the engine, and cools down the engine, seemingly a lot. One of my buddies is scheduled this week for a install, and we are going check the engine temp. with a heat gun at work, before and after the install. I will try to remember to post the results.

PsychoXB
05-28-2008, 05:58 PM
I Live in Texas, no heating problems here...

BuellPartsGuy
05-28-2008, 06:07 PM
I live in Arizona, no problems.....

HOVERJOCKI
05-29-2008, 02:29 AM
I live in Vegas and it gets way too hot....only problem is the intense heat on my right leg.... other than that...nada

keisersozae
05-29-2008, 03:05 AM
san antonio texas hear. rode mine with it 100 degrees on a weekend ride, 5-7k rpms most of the time, 150-200 miles. no issues. your leg will get hot if you dont wear something thick. if you wear thin jeans you will have a big red mark on the backside of your right thigh. i love my buell.

Fock347
05-29-2008, 05:36 AM
GMAN i know how ya feel about the R 1 i made the mistake on riding one in july to the freedom run in chicago

warhorse
05-29-2008, 10:20 AM
there was a post from a guy that cooled his down. you know if you are wearing leathers to save your own hide and you got everything you new to be safe and then you are riding a air cooled motorcycle and you get above you 90f [smirk]. for alot of people 90f is to hot in shorts

be easy