PDA

View Full Version : my stock seat

burnteyes
07-17-2008, 02:30 PM
my seat is coming unstappled along the front near the airbox.. Anyone else have this problem? Any quick fix?

dans03firebolt
07-17-2008, 04:29 PM
Staple it back down?? That sounds like a simple answer to me.

burnteyes
07-18-2008, 01:35 AM
i tried a stapler it wouldnt work they didnt penatrate or they would bend. i might see if a freind has an air powered one

LeFox
07-18-2008, 09:45 AM
ducktape or industrial stapler.

RebelKnight
07-18-2008, 11:24 PM
I have been through four seat so far, still waiting for Buell to fix the problem. My dealership is willing to keep ordering them, till Buell gets it right. Just like the clutch cable bracket that keep breaking, they found a way to improve it. They will eventually get it done.

dave_xb12r
07-19-2008, 03:45 AM
I would scuff up the plastic with some sandpaper or a wire brush and try gluing it with maybe hot glue, or some epoxy. Glue+industrial stapler should hold it for good

burnteyes
07-19-2008, 09:14 PM
will try that. After my long ride on an old highway the otherday im thinking about finding someone around here that can redo the seat. Some extra and better padding. Would like about an inch raise. i got the scg and it its just a tad low for me. pluss might get some cool stitch work if i find someone that can do it. Might make that a winter mod. Only a little more then a month before ride time starts slowing down.[down]

SoCalVet
01-24-2010, 02:45 AM
Sorry to bring back an old thread however..
My 2009 XB12scg has 200 miles on it, just bought it this week and I after dialing in the shocks today I realized I have the same issue with the staples comming out along the front by the airbox cover.
Has the dealership covered this under warrenty for you all?

bguinn
01-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Mine did the same thing within the first 500 miles. I just used a hand stapler and 1/4" staples to put it back together. Didn't even bother with trying to fix it under warranty.

brightbuell
01-24-2010, 03:22 PM
I had the exact same prob and I went to home depot get a 15 dollar stapler. I pulled out any loose staples and restapled the seat. and I also renforced the corners with more staples. Get a stapler that uses about the same size, If they are to long they will stick u in the ass. To weak they wont penatrate.[up][up][up]