PDA

View Full Version : Buell Parts For Possible Sale

BurningExample
08-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Hello Everyone As some of you know I wrecked my buell pretty bad last week, and am bringing it down to a harley dealer in Milwaukee tommarow afternoon. Im hoping and almost 100 perent sure they are gonna total it and give me the insurance money for it. That being the case I am gonna take the money and put it towards a new Buell. Now I am gonna try to buy the buell back from them for cheap at the most 1000 dollars, and I was wondering if it would be worth it to part it out, and If I could make my 1000 dollars back plus some extra money towards a new buell? basicly just wondering if I part it out would it be worth the thousand dollars to buy it back? Its a 2006 Buell Firebolt Xb12R racing red with the gold rims and stuff. It has the BUELL race ECM and Buell Race Can. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

This is the original post of my accident

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Buell-Firebolt-XB12-XB9/Buell-Wreck

oh9bolt
08-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Sorry to hear about your crash, get better. You will be able to make the 1000 back no problem. I would like some parts if you go through with this.

freak2180
08-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Just the race can and ECm will get you almost that back. If you can get it back for $1000 I think you will be ok recouping your money.

BurningExample
08-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks guys, Yes I'm just trying to get an estimate to see if it would be worth buying it back for the parts. I will know tommarow if I'm gonna scrap it or not. I hate to see a good buell go to the junk yard when so many people could make good use out of the parts

xtremelow
08-18-2011, 05:07 PM
$1k would be the highest I would go. I bought back my first '03 with very minor damages but dented frame and it cost me $400. My last bike I crashed basically had the same amount of damages but cost me $900. Just the muffler will bring in $300 and the moor another $1000. All the rest is pocketed to go to a new bike.

Parting out a bike takes a while and a lot of packaging and trips to the post office. Good luck with the quote, I know they will total it but the amount they will give you is what is in question.

Kuntreeboy
08-18-2011, 05:19 PM
That's why I called DIBS on the wheel's right away!!! I would give you a few hundred if there not bent so the wheels, can, race ECM you'll get at least 1k!! Minimum!!!!

MotoX6
08-18-2011, 06:30 PM
I'll buy the race can if it's pretty decent!

gtp3800
08-18-2011, 06:51 PM
yea, we will strip that bike apart dont worry about that :D

everyone needs something

BKKBuell
08-18-2011, 09:33 PM
hope u get better soon... in the case I would take the dash board, let me know

BurningExample
08-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Haha thanks guys yeah, I was just letting you all know. The plans have changed im bringing it down to the dealer on MOnday, they are gonna keep it for a few days then its gonna be trailered home. so Im thinking around wed/thurs ill have it in my garage, ready to be torn down and sold to all of you. ill make a new post when Its ready but yeah ill take pictures and eveything for all of you. thank you so much for your good luck wishs, and thoughts. ill be walking hopefully in a week or so. Ive been getting up now, and walking pretty good with crutchs.