PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate AirBox from Trojan

RuskiBuell
07-17-2008, 03:52 PM
http://www.trojan-horse.co.uk/prods/96.html

What exactly does it do? Does it get rid of the plastic cover that goes over the air filter or what? They site description isn't that great.

speedkills
07-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Thats what it looks like...It's a piece of plastic in the shape of the air filter basically.

I guess when a naked bike isnt naked enough you do this?

Reminds of back in high school in the eighties when guys would take the hoods off of their cars [smirk]

LeFox
07-17-2008, 04:36 PM
nah, it's just the same as the airbox delete kit. ;)

RuskiBuell
07-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Performance wise is it the same as the FAST kit or worse or what? Trying to see what I should buy here.

LeFox
07-18-2008, 08:23 AM
fast will give you an extra +/- 2hp ;)

sinpieces
07-18-2008, 03:28 PM
No it's not same as F.A.S.T. kit.
This kit you talk about, will leave the filter (more) open. It's also refered to as "open aibox".
So, this is Trojans version of "open airbox" (sold by American sportbike).
This allows more air into the engine than the big bulky original airbox design.
The F.A.S.T. kit is taking all a bit further with a new thermal matt, a larger aluminum velocity stack and a completely different K&N filter. FAST cost a great deal more, but it's a little better. The idea is mainly to get the engine more (cold) air. To get most out of both these upgrades, it's also worth to consider using a tank dummy with more air intakes.
Don't forget to remapp the ecm (or use a powerizer or Tfi) when doing these upgrades. Otherwise the bike will run too lean (bad).
Trojan is reliable, i have used them many times.