PDA

View Full Version : Damn radar gun

RHYNOXB9R
07-18-2008, 04:43 AM
Got a speeding ticket today[mad] Got me for a 80 in a 55.Turns out it was a speed trap kinda thing,the speed the CHP will let go changes from 75-80 down to 55.In Marin of corse[smirk]The officer wasn't to happy to see my ipod buds tapped into my ears either;)This is now my 12 speeding ticket and now my 9th point on my record.Ya,my insurance in through the roof.I guess I should have read that post on radar detectors[smirk]

Thaloc
07-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Haha, Im lucky with cops, 2 years of riding street and not a ticket yet. Only been pulled over twice( both times for speeding) no ticket either time. Lots of times iv seen staters hitting their brakes in my mirrors but as soon as they're out of sight i bring it up to 85 or so. I figure if they wanna meet their quota they gotta work for it =P

(Knocks on wood)

tmsimms
07-18-2008, 03:36 PM
i get a ticket every time got one last week 79 in a 35 good thing he didnt see the wheelie that i was slowing down from. but yeah i just need to slow it down

TMC
07-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Ive got it good my dad and our police cheif are very good friends!!

bitter rod
07-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Haven't had a ticket in over 10 years....membership has its privileges. :):p

GatorBuell
07-18-2008, 06:10 PM
Haven't had a ticket in over 10 years....membership has its privileges.
Years back my favorite ridding buddy was a Daytona Beach Traffic officer. :p He also headed the Daytona Sportbike association. One night we were all sitting at the Rice Patty's (Gas station near I-95 and International Bulv. in Daytona where the sportbikes hung out) a young kid left the parking lot and brought the front wheel up and got on it. Mike was on duty in his squad car and seen him do it. The lights came on and Mike pulled him over. About 15 minutes went by, the kid with his helmet off, was sitting on the curb waiting for the worst. Mike finally walked up to the kid and handed him a Daytona Sportbike ass. business card. That kid said he about sheiot him self and knew he was going in. I think the kid learned his lesson. We laughed for hours about that.

RHYNOXB9R
07-18-2008, 08:42 PM
You guy's suck:p My wife is about ready to kill me.I don't think I have ever gotten out of a speeding ticket.I am allways respectfull to the cop, but they don't care. My cousin is a sheriff in Paradise CA, gave me his card,I got pulled over for speeding,;)showed him the card,he told me that with officers in the family,I schould have known better:( I'll try to slow it down,but when that Buell starts to sing,I get all giddy:)

Thaloc
07-24-2008, 12:28 AM
Damn unmarked Stater got me today. Wrote it at 55+ in a 35 instead of 80+ and saved me $400 in my state. So Im so damn mad Im ordering my Osbe tonight[mad]

RHYNOXB9R
07-24-2008, 01:15 AM
Thaloc,you cursed yourself by starting your last post on here with HaHa,I'm lucky with cops...:pThe ticket sucks,but getting new toy's for you and or your bike allways rocks:D

Thaloc
07-24-2008, 01:27 AM
Damnit I knocked on wood tho!!!

FIDOSOL
07-24-2008, 01:36 AM
Was it cheap wood?:p I have horrible time with tickets, always in my freakin' car....I have traffic school sometime in the next month or so from a ticket I paid today, wifey isn't happy about that, and my Supervisor won't be either when I get to work tomorrow. He hates it when I start the day with "SGT....I'm just giving you a heads up...before it happens..."

Buellysses
07-24-2008, 02:39 PM
I had a pretty good one about a month back. I was in a bad mood about the drivers in ND, and the bike wasn't running quite right...missing a little bit. I took a right turn off an intersection and gave it everything it had. About halfway thru 3rd I let off, doing 70 ish in a 35 zone, look in my rearview and see a SUV cop at the stop sign back at the intersection. Sure enough he came roaring up on my ass, followed me for about a mile. When I turned to go up on the interstate he just kept going. Never even flashed his lights at me. I figure either he was a Buell fan, or was just having a real good day. Whatever the case, I learned to slow it down... The pisser of the whole thing, once I got on the freeway had 2 cars blow by me doing close to 100. I picked it up to 90 and wasn't catching up. After the previous incident I didn't want to test my luck.

Fock347
07-24-2008, 11:53 PM
i just run, those crown vics are slow,but in the day time i stop too much traffic.:)