PDA

View Full Version : LSL Steering Damper install...

HagJ74
03-23-2007, 06:27 PM
I recently purchased an LSL Steering Damper and its a pretty easy installation. My only concern is, it requires me to remove and replace the front engine mount screw. What precautions do I need to take prior to removing that large screw. Will standing the bike straight up with a swing-arm stand be sufficient? Also does anyone have an knowledge on how cool and how easy it is to install the fender eliminator kit from American Sport Bikes? Anyone have any knowledge about easy of use with the vehicle diagnostic scan tool from ASB. I'm replacing my ECM and installing a Drummer. So I need to reset my TPS. Is it pretty easy to do or should i just take it in? Thanks guys.

2Evil4U
03-23-2007, 09:32 PM
Just removing the screw without dropping the engine isn't that bad. For best results, use a rear stand and put a jack under the motor lightly so it won't stress the side rods.

Don't know about the fender eliminator.

The VDSTS, if you have one is very easy to work with and will reset the TPS just fine. No need to take it in. But if you don't have one, you will probably need to get it to a dealer and it may not run very well on the way there.

wfo
06-01-2007, 01:42 AM
I don't know why you guys kept talking about steering dampers. The only time I had a problem my tire was out of balance.

BuellPartsGuy
06-01-2007, 02:28 AM
And I dont know why people keep wondering why we keep talking about steering stabilizers. I guess it goes back to dont knock it til you try it. I love them and would never own another sport bike without one. But everyone has their own preferences and opinions.

129CBRider
07-07-2007, 03:37 AM
My bikes didn't need a damper either, but they sure made such a HUGE difference that I would never ride without one now...

buellxb
07-07-2007, 06:49 AM
Steering stabilizers can make a huge safety difference. Have you ever run over an animal on your motorcycle? How about a huge, huge pothole? Wobble, wobble? I don't know first hand but I heard they make a big difference when you're pop'n wheelies also.

The GSXRs come factory with them as a safety feature.