PDA

View Full Version : need signitures

brisbon
08-28-2011, 03:14 PM
we should have the signiture option to display our mod list on this forum.

wolfo68
08-28-2011, 03:25 PM
you can put that in your profile

nativeXb12Rbuell
08-28-2011, 04:18 PM
yes most people just put that info on there profile.
...make sure you fill out your profile!
PERSONAL-PROFILES (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Users-Bikes/PERSONAL-PROFILES)

or if you really want to display all that on every post you make you copy and paste it or better yet, make a pic of your mod list & put it your photos and then just insert it at the bottom of your post, every time , like onelogue does with his signture mini pic on his post, but his is tiny signture pic that doesnt clutter up the post or thread. also the signture would possibly make searches worse if was just regular text like the rest of your post, unless you use a pic of it. because every time someone searched for any words contained in your mod list signture it would come back with all your post even if that post contains nothing they are looking for. but I'm sure if a signture was available the search would exclude it in searches. .[confused]

there are lots of other better things that this forum needs first and things that are being worked on now to continuly improve this forum !! search needs improvement along with some other things first, in my opinion!!

but in my opinion I think the big long mods list signture, can be too much in certain thread posts, and maybe confusing to some when helping someone figure a problem with there bike. it can make the post and threads cluttered too. besides we ride buells , we are different. we dont need to be like all the other forums out there !!
like the import bikes and car forums..

maronz
08-29-2011, 12:57 AM
I honestly like the sig and avatar idea for posts. Brings a uniqueness and to each individual. Ths place is way too plain for posting.

rah7777777
08-29-2011, 01:44 AM
avatars are ok, signatures are too much.

you know there will be a ton of people with a 2 paragraph signature and a picture...

really gets annoying reading a thread full of that.

williegoat
08-29-2011, 06:58 AM
avatars are ok, signatures are too much.

you know there will be a ton of people with a 2 paragraph signature and a picture...

really gets annoying reading a thread full of that.
Agreed. What I would like to see is an option to include your location with your user id.

Burton
08-29-2011, 11:20 AM
^^ agree with the last two posters. It gets too cluttered. Look at hdforums or something...everyone has some clever quote and a hot chick in there picture. It just makes it harder to read and follow threads. I would be up for seeing the person's name, location, and maybe even bike in words, but no avatars and huge lists of mods.