PDA

View Full Version : New paint job-need help on the color

GatorBuell
07-19-2008, 10:39 PM
[confused] The bike is primed and prepped, the money is in the bank for the paint but I can not decide what color for the paint. I was going to go OD green but changed my mind because I have seen too many of them already. The primary color is going to be Flat Twilight Black Pearl on the frame, wheels, headlight bucket, and seat rails. I need a color for the plastics, what does everyone think.
scroll down and pick one =) (http://www.tcpglobal.com/kustomshop/ksflatz.aspx)

FIDOSOL
07-19-2008, 10:47 PM
Hey I was wondering...you thought of a Desert Storm look? Just a thought...

dave_xb12r
07-19-2008, 11:36 PM
My favorite is vintage burgundy pearl, or some sort of gunmetal type color

captain13ron
07-20-2008, 12:22 AM
love that copper pearl!

Lokien
07-20-2008, 06:25 AM
I'd go with a shade of red or blue, something solid.

Personally Im doing something similar soon, twilight black on the seat rail, headlight bucket, carbon fiber frame protector (down the whole frame), carbon fiber fender. I'll have a eurofighter fiberglass seat which will be a combination of cherry bomb red towards the airbox and twilight black towards the end. Mudguards will be black in the center with cherry bomb red outlines. Lots of other mods in the process that pictures will only be able to describe :D.

LeFox
07-20-2008, 12:24 PM
love that copper pearl!
[up]

mrdozer2you
07-21-2008, 12:36 PM
The primary color is going to be Flat Twilight Black Pearl on the frame, wheels, headlight bucket, and seat rails.

A Deep Blue with a Metallic flake High Gloss. Gotta love the 2 tone ;)[up]

GatorBuell
07-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Man this is hard. Im down to two color schemes
all the colors will be Hod Rods Flatz

Burnt orange (highlights and plastics) / Twilight black metallic ( tank, wheels, seat rails, tail light housing) Wife loves this scheme as does all the Harley guys at work. Me, its 50/50
or
Daytona Blue Pearl ( tank, wheels, seat rails, tail light housing) / Gunsmoke Gray Metallic (highlights and plastics) all the ricers and the Car Tuner guys at work.
I thought about desert tan like FlDOSOL but its too bland I want some thing that stands out.

RHYNOXB9R
07-22-2008, 12:39 AM
Hey GatorBuell,I just got done painting my xs650 chopper with KustomShop's firemist gold w/metalflake base coat,with lime candy green top coat.Love their paint,if you have not used their paint yet,it is old school make-up and not EPA legal[smirk]Make sure you either do it yourself or know your painter:)I also used the Hotrodflatz Black,you'll love it.Don't follow the IN color,pick something different,you'll be glad you did:D

GatorBuell
07-22-2008, 01:00 AM
Yea Rhino.. Im painting it myself at work, I love there Candies but I don't think it will look good on the Buell, a nice chromed out chopper yes but I want the Buell to look like a old school rat rod. I just ordered the paint from there Ebay store. Flat Twilight Black Metallic on everything except the plastics and Burnt Orange Flat on the plastics and some accent parts. I ordered new tires today (Pilot Road 2's) and will be pulling my wheels off and prepping them by the end of the week. :D I got to put in some vacation time for next week and clean up the respirator. Pics to fallow.

Phrogg
07-22-2008, 01:47 AM
Wish I knew how to paint. Can't wait to see what it looks like. Good luck!