PDA

View Full Version : 12Ss Handling

kea
07-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Having a right mare wiyh my 07Ss can anynoe help please;realy spoiling the experience!

I have set the suspension up as per the manual but still feel like i'm dragging a dead horse around; the problem is turning into corners, roundabouts etc,when the bike is leaning in, "it feels like it wants to sit up and i have to put additional pressure on the inside bar to keep it on line, if that makes any sense, hope it does to someone.
any advise would be appreciated.

LeFox
07-20-2008, 12:51 PM
could you let us know, step by step what you do when preparing and taking a corner.

- preperation
- steering in
- mid corner
- end corner
- out & gone

if i has to discripe my bike & cornering...it just falls in.

kea
07-20-2008, 01:13 PM
Thanks Lefox,

I'm not an technician, but i'll giv it a go; for example, straight line into bend, got the braking over and done with and heading for apex, "i suppose i ride wide in tight out"the problem is at the apex the bike wants to sit up as if i have touched the brakes.

hope this helps

Kea

GatorBuell
07-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Did you set up the suspension for the XB12s or the Ss, they are different. If you look up the suspension set up on the Buell web site you have to scroll down to get to the Ss model.

Lokien
07-20-2008, 02:39 PM
I have an Ss and its perfectly fine on corners. Only time I have to put some more pressure on the inside of the bar is when Im increasing my speed, which is perfectly normal.

kea
07-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Thanks all for your replies,

I have been used to riding superbikes and just wonderd if the experiences i'm having are just characteristic of Buell's, can anyone relate to this?

FIDOSOL
07-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Superbikes, tend to have a very stale, neutral feel in my opinion, kinda like the bike is doing everything and you're just there for the ride. Buells on the other hand require you're input, once you get used to them it is effortless and rewarding. Until you get used to them, just rewarding...

LeFox
07-20-2008, 03:25 PM
what i do is:
- look into the corner
- go outside, brake and lean forward, pushing the handlebar.
- lean in and keep the line and slightly add more throttle
- keep looking in the corner and keep my line
- going wider at the end of the corner by twisting the throttle a bit more
- out & gone...

howlong do you have your buell and did you have this from the start or ...[confused]

mrdozer2you
07-21-2008, 12:32 PM
brake and lean forward,

From watching people ride this is the most common problem I see. They stay flat in the seat and many times lean the bike. LeFox is correct ( as always ). You have to get some weight on the front end, practicing you will find the "sweet spot" I'm not saying you gotta sit on the airbox, just slide forward more in the seat and apply pressure on the inside handle while leaning in ( this feels sorta weird to me on the S due to the Bars )

Krayy
05-20-2009, 07:43 AM
I find that the STT responds like a pig if you are rolling off the throttle mid corner. It needs positive throttle (not wide open, but not neutral either) to get tractable power to push you through the apex and HURL you out the other end.

In other words, brake more before entry, letting the sprot bikes go first, then cream them on exit.

racepro716
05-20-2009, 09:01 PM
I believe this came from Kenny Roberts roadracing book. I read it about a thousand years ago but I'll still try....Take the fast corners fast, the slow ones slow, trying to make up time on slow corners makes ya fall down. You HAVE to be on the throttle as soon as you're leaned over, even a bit before for that matter. It "squats" the suspension so the bike doesn't "pogo". I set my suspension at it's softest settings and worked up from there till it's nice and stable now. Sorry for the long post, hope it helps, Wayne