PDA

View Full Version : Insurance questions

Buellysses
07-20-2008, 05:47 PM
Wondering what kind of experiences you guys have had with insurance companies. I need to know if I'm being screwed with or just being impatient.

I dumped my bike 2 weeks ago now, filed a claim with my insurance (state farm) the next day. As of now I don't even know if they are going to fix my bike or total it. Getting any info out of them is like squeezing water out of a rock.

Any of you guys have to go through this? How long did it take to get your bike back?

FIDOSOL
07-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Go to your local State Farm Agent, and just bug the crap out of them until you get an answer, get their number and call them 5-20 times a day. If you make yourself more trouble than you are worth, they will process your claim and get you done and over with just to get rid of you...This tactic is how I got my car fixed.[up]

burnteyes
07-20-2008, 08:26 PM
i have state farm for my car but i went to porgressive for my bike. My state farm agent came strait out and told me that state farm hated dealing with bikes and i know porgressive insures tons of bikes so thats where i went.

Buellysses
07-20-2008, 09:51 PM
Yeah, I've had progressive for my truck and loved them. They did awesome on my truck after a deer hit, had it back in under 2 weeks.

But state farm kicked their ass as far as price goes for the bike and the truck.

Ugh, as I said in the original post. Don't know if I'm being too impatient. I'm missing the best damn riding weather we've had up here all summer!

Somthngfrce
07-20-2008, 09:54 PM
I used to have State Farm and swapped to Progressive when I bought my first bike because State Farm was giving me the run around when I wanted to insure the bike. I figured they didn't want the business, plus I have heard 10-1 better things about Progressive.

burnteyes
07-20-2008, 11:21 PM
progressive is cheaper for me in either. Well it would be if i dont have to 10 year pluss 15%discount for my car but my bike is still cheaper with progressive. I think i was qoated 130ish a month with a 1000 dollar deductable on my bike with state farm and $110 a month with progressive. THats with no tickets or anything.:(

Buellysses
07-21-2008, 12:57 PM
Ouch, how old are you?

I'm 26 with a (previously) clean record.

S-F gets me for 110/mo for my truck and bike. 500 deductible, $1M liability.

burnteyes
07-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Thats TONS better then mine! Im 23 for exact 125 a month for my 10 year old rodeo and 116 a month for my buell i have an xb though 1000 deductible with 10,000 coverage... anything beter was pushing 185 a month for my bike[mad]