PDA

View Full Version : $125 labor to mount tires?

dmp0001
07-21-2008, 05:21 AM
my local dealer charges $125 to put tires on my bike, that seems like they are charging me twice! does that sound right to you guys? I will pay it if it does, but if not what are my other options to get them on?

Phrogg
07-21-2008, 02:09 PM
no no no...

I just put new tires on my bike for a total of $39 or so including the balance. I already had the tires of the bike, and just took the rims in. Which in "most" cases is cheaper then just taking the bike in.

I would look around. If you went to the H-D shop, they always charge you full price for pretty much anything. Look at other dealers. Should be able to find something cheaper then that.

dmp0001
07-21-2008, 04:11 PM
the cost if I take the wheels off myself is $110, not enough of a discount to justify my time and effort. no one else in town will touch it because its a buell. I have to drive 70 miles or so to the buell dealer.

Thaloc
07-21-2008, 04:17 PM
Thats insane. Wheels and tires are wheels and tires no matter where they are made. I must say I love my new bike, but miss my old mechanic. He wont work on my buell so im still taking it to the H-D service guys till I can find an honest local mechanic.

NOMORE4s4ME
07-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Yup...tire mounting is a rip off. I finally found a place to change mine for about $70 but paid the dealer I bought my bike from $160. The H-D dealership wanted $300!! I've had so many problems with the disrespectful/insulting service from H-D that when deciding what to spend my 18K on for a two up bike for my girl and I, I decided to go with BMW. I love my Buell...but H-D is a joke.

This winter I'm buying a mounting station and learning to do it myself.

GatorBuell
07-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Yep, $120 is about the going rate. I have a small shop near me that will do it for $20 a tire if I bring just the wheels and buy the tires from him (Tires at 10% over dealer cost :D)

skellybuell
07-22-2008, 02:48 AM
Thats crazy we charge $50 at our shop for labor and thought that was a steal... guess we should jack up the price:)

goatsxb9s
05-01-2009, 09:33 PM
found local shop charged $20 ea. h-d wanted way too much and rude s.o.b.s to boot. i ll never give em money again if i can help it. skellybuell, please dont lower yourself to that. stay true to your fellow riders.

BryD959
05-01-2009, 10:34 PM
I recently put on some new tires at the hd shop. I dropped the bike off and told them I wanted new tires and to throw on some frame pucks. When I got the qoute for the work I was ****ing shocked. 200 in labor to put the tires on, and 45 in labor to put the frame pucks on! I laughed in the dudes face. 30 minutes labor for frame pucks at 90 an hour!! what a ****ing joke. you think out of customer satisfaction and the need for repeat buisness they would not try to scam their customers. As a result I will never do buisness with hd ever again unless completely necessary.

MillerBuell
05-02-2009, 12:16 AM
just got metzler's on front and rear along with a oil change... cost me $445 to take rims off with old tires put new tires on balanace them both and oil change... and he took off about $85-$90 for me! Hook-ups are the best!!

skellybuell
05-02-2009, 12:52 AM
Hey goat I wasnt at all serious.... I just find it funny how guys go to dealerships and pay huge amounts of money to get something done that who cost like half the price of a local shop. We just got a dyno that will be put on a trailer to take to bike nights and such..... the cost will be 45 bucks which I think is reasonable.

Fock347
05-02-2009, 01:11 AM
guys guys, like i said in other posts b4, all you need is a spade shovel, a tire pry bar, and 2 flat head screw drivers,and buddy with nothin else to do thats it. balancing is only 5$ per tire. or if you dont wanna use a shovel to break the bead get a 2X4 and like a 2X2 and cut it to a wedge and a car. place the rim under the frame of the car then place the wedge at the bead and use the weight of the car and the 2X4 to break the bead.

goatsxb9s
05-07-2009, 09:40 PM
I was picking up some sarcasm, just makin sure.:D

Fock347
05-07-2009, 09:44 PM
no sarcasm here. thats how i change my tires.