PDA

View Full Version : Recent purchase at Harley, not a bike

MotoX6
09-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Went into Harley today and talked to guy about buell parts. This dealership stands behind the 7 year deal and he ordered me new grips. Said anything for hard parts they can get in. This seemed new to me? Does every dealership stand behind?

dave_xb12r
09-02-2011, 06:50 PM
The ones that chose to continue to carry and sell buell parts do. There is no difference in databases though. If one can get the part, they all can. Maybe they can put the order in, but getting the part is another story. I've seen over 3 month wait on some parts.

WALLSXB
09-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Went to Longhorn H-D / Buell in Grand Prairie Texas and got my new plastics and they were saying that Harley has shown no attempt at supporting Buell service and parts. He said he's been with Harley since the seventies and this is the worst customer service he's ever seen. He also stated that H-D was full of **** by saying they were commited to seven years of helping Buell owners. American Eagle H-D/ Buell in Corinth Texas said they couldn't really service Buells because they have no Buell technicians. [mad]

mar67655
09-02-2011, 09:01 PM
antelopevalley HD in lancaster CA was real helpful ive oreder a couple thing friendly and fast still had a couple xb for sale

squidbuellie
09-02-2011, 10:39 PM
i have had more problems with ordering parts from asb then i have from the dealer.
just sucks that you have to pay first then wait a week to pick it up or find the dealer that has the part and have them ship it to you.
when you would think they'd have it on the shelf (which simple parts they should)
but the only problem that i have had with the dealer is service work.

vanson1200r
09-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Sweetwater Harley in San Diego have been good to me.

squidbuellie
09-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Glendale Harley in LA
Oakland Harley (used to be faultline harley in fremont)
Dudley Perkins in SF
i has also had good luck at San Diego Harley on Kettner but that was with my softail but they were still good people.

Applepooh
09-03-2011, 10:44 AM
antelopevalley HD in lancaster CA was real helpful ive oreder a couple thing friendly and fast still had a couple xb for sale

I need to see where this is in relation to me... Im in central CA.. and the local HD dealer lol well they wont even touch anything Buell... Modesto HD FAILS hard core.

dang , down south.. and to the east.. grrrr NorCal needs more legit dealers.

MotoX6
09-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Ya this place I went is in Iowa and they said service wasn't a problem and they can get the hard parts. I was excited jus in case I need somethin ever, they can at least try to get it. He said my new grips would be about a week. We'll see

Abledcool1
09-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Calumet Harley in Munster, Indiana can get parts and work on them too. They know Buells. I've had nothing but great experiences with them.

onelogue
09-03-2011, 03:22 PM
PARADISE HARLEY in PORTLAND OREGON [up][up] still taking care of me.

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/3100_20110427182707_L.jpg

Blue xb12
09-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Laconia Harley-Davidson, Meredith, N.H.,great service, Buell friendly, more than willing to take my money from me! ;)