PDA

View Full Version : Screamin' loud

bertwk
03-24-2007, 12:14 AM
Hey guys I'm new to this forum. I have a Buell 2003 xb9s and had the race kit when I bought the bike. The performance of the bike is great but I would like it to be louder. Can anyone make any recommendations?

lucas70374
03-24-2007, 04:22 AM
force exhaust, sell me your buell muffler

mrdozer2you
03-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Are you wanting a race exhaust or a stock Buell exhaust?

bertwk
04-01-2007, 02:22 PM
I still have the stock factory muffler. I had the race kit installed with a new Buell muffler. Right now I am looking for something that is louder than the muffler that comes with the Buell race kit.......
Why would you want my stock and or race muffler from buell lucas70374 and how much $$.

BuellButton
07-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Hello bertwk, My XB12S has a D&D muffler with factory headers. This is a wonderful, but LOUD system. Very well made of thick welded steel. You can find on eBay or from D&D out of Austin, Texas. The unit is not cheap!
It is made to be a jacking point as well. Great sound, wonderful idle. Interactive cable and actuator box stayed on board and was just tied off. Easy to go back to the Buell interactive muffler.

LeFox
07-24-2007, 05:23 PM
there are alot of options...

- are you willing to lose performance?
- do you want a low sound or high?
- how loud do you want it? some more thumping or do you want people to place their hands over their ears when you're passing by?

needlegunner
07-28-2007, 06:21 PM
What is the most loud, everyone can hear me coming a mile away exhaust, hotrod exhaust?
I would prefer not sounding like a ninja, gsxr, or other import bike.

mrdozer2you
07-28-2007, 07:45 PM
Jardine baby!!! real loud with a nice pop under hard deceleration.

Das Bolt
07-28-2007, 09:30 PM
There's no way you can confuse a buell with anything but a harly,and even then you can tell.But if you want set off car alarms,put the fear of god into asshole suv drivers,rattle your fillings loud,go with the jardine,looks good too.

JSW07
07-30-2007, 04:51 AM
How loud is the Jardine? I have one on order but I was just curious if I will find it annoying on long trips?

LeFox
07-30-2007, 11:29 AM
What is the most loud, everyone can hear me coming a mile away exhaust, hotrod exhaust?

no silencer, no header [smirk]

I have one on order but I was just curious if I will find it annoying on long trips?
spent 13hours on the bike this saturday and had no problems with it.

mrdozer2you
07-30-2007, 02:13 PM
Yeah mine is ok on long trips. Its just the constant hummmmmm thats annoying. When you get off the expressway everything sounds quieter, kinda funny. My wife bitches about it but thankfully I become sorta deaf so it's all good.

LeFox
07-30-2007, 07:27 PM
My wife bitches about it but thankfully I become sorta deaf so it's all good.
http://www.buellforum.nl/images/smilies/handdown.gif

DruAdams
07-31-2007, 06:26 PM
what are the chances of making the bike quieter? Loud is ok, but i would actually like to be able to go for a ride with out scaring all the wild life for miles. Im not looking to go 150mph so some loss of topspeed is not a big deal, but i would like to hear myself think on occasion. And cruising down some of the smaller streets, the windows seem to rattle. Yeah i know i could have gotten a import if i wanted quiet, but i couldnt pass up the deal on the Firebolt (I really wanted the Ullyses, but im too short to stop comfortably)

LeFox
07-31-2007, 06:47 PM
what are the chances of making the bike quieter?
i would suggest a stock muffler or the race.

stock is quiet, but if you would like more performance with sound within limits, the buell race muffler is the way to go.

downside? due to environmental laws, buell is not allowed to make them anymore, so they are hard to find (atleast here in euro country)

buelltool
09-11-2007, 02:03 PM
I have what I think is the race muffler...came with the bike....duals, chrome...and a Harley emblem...I think it's the stage one...k&n, ecu and muffler. Sound is good, plenty loud under hard accel, nice lumpy grumbly idle. Don't know if I'd go Jardine...don't want to be that popular.....if you know what I mean.