PDA

View Full Version : ECM remaping price

1SexyBuell
07-21-2008, 11:21 PM
[confused] Just wanted to know if there was an average cost for getting an ECM remapped... I know someone who took their bike in and it ended up costing him around $800...(I think they jerked him) that seems awfully much... the dealer I went to said they charge $75 an hour for a dyno run but how long does this process normally take?? any advice would be greatly appreciated

BuellPartsGuy
07-22-2008, 04:31 AM
You have to factor in a few things.

Price of the mapping key

Price per hour of dyno time.

How long they project it will take to dyno.

Shop hourly rate

How long it takes on the dyno, depends on how good they are with dealing with Buells, and using the tuning software. We usually charge 2 hours dyno time and 1 hour install on the mapping key and getting it set up.

burnteyes
07-22-2008, 04:45 AM
hey bpg are there a set number of times the shop you work at runs on the dyno?

FIDOSOL
07-22-2008, 05:08 AM
Good question burnt...where does BPG work anyway?

Before I get, "the parts department you f'tard" from someone on here, I meant geographically speaking.

BuellPartsGuy
07-22-2008, 05:18 AM
We will run the dyno any time the service dept is open. If you mean we charge for a certain amount of "runs", no we charge a minimum of $240 for a Dyno Tune Session. That is a session saying that it will be tuned properly once it leaves. We also do a $45 4th gear pull just to see what your bike puts down. Every once and a while we have Dyno Days or we pull out the dyno to our local bike night for free runs just to see what your bike can do.

Coolest thing we have had is the Dyno Drag trailer you see at all the major bike weeks around the country. They came to our shop one weekend. What a blast that was!

I work at Arrowhead Harley Davidson in Peoria (Phoenix), AZ FIDOSOL

FIDOSOL
07-22-2008, 05:29 AM
KK, I appreciate that. If I ever find myself in AZ I'll come by your shop, and I might in a few years. No luck anytime soon though, I'm going to Vilseck, Germany March of 2009 for about 3 years.

BuellPartsGuy
07-22-2008, 06:39 AM
Sounds like a plan!!

dave_xb12r
07-22-2008, 08:37 AM
Ok back on topic....

Has anyone sent their ECM to ASB and had them remap it for their specific setup? Further into that, has anyone later dyno tuned to see how close their remap (the ASB remap) is to optimum performance?

1SexyBuell
07-22-2008, 03:59 PM
well thanks BPG, it doesnt look like this whole process will be costing me 800 bucks from what you were telling me...I really only have $400 to play with at the moment