PDA

View Full Version : jardine and k&n

newbueller91
09-06-2011, 07:54 PM
hey buellers, this my first post and my first bike. i bought it with a jardine slip on and a standard k&n air filter. i have nothing to compare it to( meaning stock or race kit mods) but my ? is. do i need to remap my ecm to help it out any. im plannin on puttin alot of miles on it. its got just over 20 thousand on it now and ive had it for a month and put 500 miles or so on it. its my everyday rider. for work for play for cold weather for sunny days its all ridin to me. its a 2003 xb9s. really just worried if its gonna go out on me in 5 thousand miles with this setup or if its ok the way it is. any other mods for cleaner runnin anyone knows about will be well used.

thanks,

newbueller91
09-06-2011, 07:56 PM
added note, reason for posting under race kit is ive been thinking of gettin the race ecm and didnt know if its ok the way it is or if i really need it to complement the jardine and k&n

Rhino1
03-17-2012, 12:12 PM
It may already have a modded ECM--does it backfire excessively on deceleration? If not, you have a modded or race ECM.

I it doesn't have a modded ECM, I'd plan on doing it soon. Some will say it will be fine other than the backfiring, etc., but it's not a great idea to run your bike lean for too long (my opinion).

newbueller91
03-30-2012, 11:07 PM
thanx, im planning on starting the wat i think will be a long event of tuning next weekend when i finally have the bike back together and hopefully ready before the 650ish mile trip to the drgon come the 18th, ill keep ya posted tho.

kbfnail
05-09-2012, 06:09 PM
The ECM will say Race Only on it. I have the same setup and purchased the preprogrammed ECM. bike runs good.

SETH_TERRILLION
05-17-2012, 01:41 PM
The ECM will say Race Only on it. I have the same setup and purchased the preprogrammed ECM. bike runs good.

did you have to position the tps on your bike?
i dont know if i have to on my 03 xb9sl